Look At The Ground Simulator

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Look At The Ground Simulator

Post by OldMtnMan »

I wouldn't mind being 12 again.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

To be serious. No matter how experienced we get. We can never just look at an animal and know what it weighs and scores. It should be the same in the game no? Why give that advantage to someone just because they've been playing longer? I feel we should all be on the same level in a competition.

That's me though.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

OldMtnMan wrote:To be serious. No matter how experienced we get. We can never just look at an animal and know what it weighs and scores. It should be the same in the game no? Why give that advantage to someone just because they've been playing longer? I feel we should all be on the same level in a competition.

That's me though.
I wouldn't mind being 12 again either, but then if you were 12 I wouldn't even be around yet. ;)

I'm just saying that with experience a hunter get's better at judging things like size and whether an animal is a potential trophy. Tracking gets better, which helps in not only finding game, but recovering any animals that were wounded. A higher shooting skill leads to more clean kills. With experience you're more likely to remain calm and more accurately judge things like width of rack, tine length and mass (unless you get buck fever like me and even at 50 anything with more than 3 points to a side and antlers higher than its ears looks at least twice as big as it really is until you get it down and get a close look at it :lol: )

In competitions having a higher spotting or tracking score isn't going to give me a better spawn or guarantee that I find a better trophy. I'd say that having better equipment (tents, stands, callers, and camo) and a better idea of where and how to to hunt something gives the experienced player more of an advantage that actual skill level. Having different levels for all competitions like they do in events and on the starter/intermediate/elite comps would be cool, but there are many comps that just don't get enough players to make that feasible.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, fair enough.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”