One tough fox.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: One tough fox.

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Rugged_Randy wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:LOL I don't think there was any bug .That fox should have been buggered ... But he wasn't.
I must be getting too old for this game. Made the same mistake with a Dall ram ... and he definitely didnt argue.
There is some kind of bug at Arctic Fox. Has happened to me couple times, one was with .357 and other .223. Same thing, I shot the fox even saw bullet hole on it but it just stood there until I took second shot closer. I don't know if it's when shot comes from certain angle, distance or what that caused it.
Good to see someone else making the same error, but even better to hear the experience resulted in the same anomaly.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

BCKidd wrote:Yeah, it is good to see you back at it, OldMtnMan! I wish you the best of luck, and what a challenge it must be for Dan, shootin' everything with the shotty's. The more I read the two of you, the more I realize how crazy you both are... :lol: :lol: Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Believe me. Shooting in the forests or from a stand under 70 metres, the 12g slug is the BOSS . Not only that , its the cheapest.
Gives you the biggest bang for your buck.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Yeah, it is good to see you back at it, OldMtnMan! I wish you the best of luck, and what a challenge it must be for Dan, shootin' everything with the shotty's. The more I read the two of you, the more I realize how crazy you both are... :lol: :lol: Respectfully,

BCKidd.
Believe me. Shooting in the forests or from a stand under 70 metres, the 12g slug is the BOSS . Not only that , its the cheapest.
Gives you the biggest bang for your buck.
I think it is certainly a good way to hunt, if not for it being less expensive, but for a good challenge. I only wish the slugs from all the shotguns could also be used on the Bovines. We can use 'em for the PB, Griz, etc, why not the Bovines. I often use the 10g and I find it is good for the flying critters. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I've always switched between modern and traditional hunting and was the reason for my changing my account so many times. Really stupid and it cost me $1000 to figure out how stupid I was.

I've settled on doing both on the same account and it's an easy switch between the two methods. Only two guns needed.

Traditional..........Caplock, trapper outfit, no aids at all.

Modern........30R, B&C outfit, all aids as long as it legal, humane, and no exploits.

This works for me as I just hunt the deer family of animals. Deer, moose, and especially elk. I try to avoid bears unless they get in my face and need a spanking.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”