Consistently the same on the Leaderboards.... why?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Consistently the same on the Leaderboards.... why?

Post by Grizdude »

Is it always going to be this way? 80% of all the best scores are by newbies! I've seen this from the very beginning of this game and if it's about getting more revenue then I understand to a degree, but why such a big difference in who gets a chance at the leaderboards? If anything it should be 50/50. I've been here from day one and spend money occasionally, so come on Devs... balance it out! Very frustrating for an old-timer like me... sorry for the rant but it's ridiculous! :roll: Realistically a veteran player with maxed out experience should be able to get on the Leaderboard quite often. I'm not even close to being "maxed out" but since I started playing this game, I don't think I've ever been on the leaderboards... I win lots of competitions... I've just never been on the leaderboards... kinda frustrating I think. :|
FullDiesel
Tracker

Re: Consistently the same on the Leaderboards.... why?

Post by FullDiesel »

A lot of people playing the game might seam newbies by their stats, I like to say they are new comers, but they could have a lot of talent and skill even if they are not playing it from day one. Usually players who leave THC they do it because... well they kind a suck at it, and they are quite a lot of them, but those who stay to play the game they do it for a reason, and one reason could be they are really good at it.

So you don't have to be so surprised to see that leaderboards are dominated by fairly new players. Sure, there's definitely a problem when you see a 10 km shot in the range leaderboards, 'cause that's cheating and that's a big NO NO
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

:arrow: FullDiesel ... I agree to a certain point with you.
I think that this game, skilled or not, is a lot about luck & time spent. If you have a big scoring animal that spawns into your games, often, you might get them & end up on the LB, just like that. You might be 6 months playing this game or 10 years, doesn't matter imo.
Luck, luck, luck, is all that matters. Spending lots of time also. The more you are playing, the more you spot some, and the better your odds of seeing that monster.

Take for example my stats regarding the WT species. I have one, 200+ ( 204 like 4 years ago ) WT buck in 9 years, & I have harvested close to 4k of them, tracked 15600+, and spotted close to 9200. A newcomer could get 2+ of them in the first year of playing.

Keep the faith & keep on playing!
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Also don't forget there are MORE of them so statistically they are going to hold more places.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

trulight wrote:Also don't forget there are MORE of them so statistically they are going to hold more places.
Hmm.. that's something I hadn't thought about. It not only makes a lot of sense, it's a very good "problem" to have! The more new players getting hooked on the game, the better! :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

I kinda like the whole "Pearls before swine" kinda aspect of this situation as well.
I wonder how many of those leaderboard placers actually understand they are in the top 100 ranking?

This makes me think that maybe doc should send them an email congratulating them on their accomplishment?
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Dubitabilus wrote:I kinda like the whole "Pearls before swine" kinda aspect of this situation as well.
I wonder how many of those leaderboard placers actually understand they are in the top 100 ranking?

This makes me think that maybe doc should send them an email congratulating them on their accomplishment?
Good suggestion and actually anybody that places at the top of the leaderboard should get the same.
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

Grizdude wrote:Is it always going to be this way? 80% of all the best scores are by newbies! I've seen this from the very beginning of this game and if it's about getting more revenue then I understand to a degree, but why such a big difference in who gets a chance at the leaderboards? If anything it should be 50/50. I've been here from day one and spend money occasionally, so come on Devs... balance it out! Very frustrating for an old-timer like me... sorry for the rant but it's ridiculous! :roll: Realistically a veteran player with maxed out experience should be able to get on the Leaderboard quite often. I'm not even close to being "maxed out" but since I started playing this game, I don't think I've ever been on the leaderboards... I win lots of competitions... I've just never been on the leaderboards... kinda frustrating I think. :|
The answer is very simple . Time! All this people play more than 10 h/day i saw 26h.day ,maybe they left the computer running without playing ;) but most of them are not workers are students and have time . :!:
I am working 6 days of seven and I play only 2 h /day. I have nothing to expect :(
greg150187

Post by greg150187 »

Une récompense du top 10 de chaque catégories serait une bonne chose

A reward for the top 10 in each category would be a good thing
Last edited by xOEDragonx on June 19th, 2022, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Translated, please post in English
HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Grizdude this happens from a long time when there weren't so many new players in the game as now, the majority of top 100 leaderboard players are with low score.
I remember talking about this years ago with other players and it's still the same, we old players know this was implemented in the beginning to bring and keep new players in the game but it seems they forgot to change it after the game became free to play.
It's kinda frustrating when you see someone with 30-40 kills from one species getting monsters while we old players haven't seen one in months or years.
For those of you with high scores who are in doubt about this try to make a new account, play few weeks and after we can talk...

Return to “General Chat”