Puma Calls not picked up by Huntermate

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Puma Calls not picked up by Huntermate

Post by Alphamale1956 »

About 2/3rds of the calls from either sex Puma cats are not registered by the Huntermate. One call that sounds like a fox but is, in fact, a Puma is picked up for general location in HM. But none of the other sounds are being identified by HM. Is this normal and if so, why?
trulight
Scout

Re: Puma Calls not picked up by Huntermate

Post by trulight »

The cats make ambient sounds as well as calls, are you mistaking an ambient for a call?
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

trulight wrote:The cats make ambient sounds as well as calls, are you mistaking an ambient for a call?
Maybe. But I've never seen many ambient sounds that were not registered by the HM. Besides, how does the HM decide which sounds are ambient and which are not? These calls that are not picked up, are so pronounced that I really can't see the HM missing them. Some are very loud and so loud that you'd think the cat is within 50m. But still no location issued by the HM. Ambient sounds are not this loud.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Maybe all the cats have these secondary calls, I don't know. I haven't hunted many cats at all up til now. So maybe it's supposed to be this way. Just checking.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Actually they do make ambient sounds that the huntersmate does not pick up. It only picks up their growls any other sound is ambient, but just like the bears warning calls or breathing, you can hone in on the direction they came from.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

All three cats make ambient calls that the huntermate doesn't pick up. With the puma, the ambient calls just happen to be as loud as the "real" calls, which I believe is the issue here. It has never bothered me as most of the time the calls are loud enough that I don't even need the huntermate to know where the cat is. I can't say how the game chooses which is a "real" call but the cats do sometimes make their ambient calls frequently, sometimes every 30 seconds. The game doesn't give any other "real" animal calls that frequently so you can assume if you're getting several in fairly quick succession, the huntermate is only going to detect the one "real" one.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Yes... and besides the cats making ambient calls, the Roe Deer and Ibex have ambient warning calls and the Coyote and Fox have ambient barking calls. The Ptarmigan birds make ambient chirps. Some of the goat/sheep head-butting sounds won't register, I'm not sure why, possibly a bug. The bears make ambient warning calls, as well as the moose and bear, make attack sounds. The waterfowl makes ambient sounds as well. There are several other ambient sounds that the animals make that I can't think of right now, but none of these will appear on the Huntermate... maybe you already knew this though. ;) Just trying to be a bit helpful.
Comrade_Floof

Post by Comrade_Floof »

I think there are supposed to be 2 types of calls: ones that are picked up and ones that aren't.

Return to “General Chat”