Shooting Tripod Rest no boosts weapon skill

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Shooting Tripod Rest no boosts weapon skill

Post by JimboCrow »

LeX13Strelok wrote:https://youtu.be/1iReNOxDBQw
Your skill level with 7x64mm rifles is just over 1. The shooting tripod only adds 7 skill levels. That puts you at skill level 8 when using it. That's why you still have wobble, not high enough skill level yet

The large tripod and the tower are more steady than level 8 for every weapon, so they look steadier in your video. I have skill level 19 on the 7x64mm and it boosts to level 26 with the shooting tripod. It's much more solid at an even slightly higher base skill level.
LeX13Strelok
Spotter

Post by LeX13Strelok »

JimboCrow wrote:
LeX13Strelok wrote:https://youtu.be/1iReNOxDBQw
Your skill level with 7x64mm rifles is just over 1. The shooting tripod only adds 7 skill levels. That puts you at skill level 8 when using it. That's why you still have wobble, not high enough skill level yet

The large tripod and the tower are more steady than level 8 for every weapon, so they look steadier in your video. I have skill level 19 on the 7x64mm and it boosts to level 26 with the shooting tripod. It's much more solid at an even slightly higher base skill level.
I purposely took a rifle with skill level 1, because it should be the most noticeable difference in the variant with and without the Shooting Tripod Rest. There is absolutely no difference in the video and the pitching is no less than in the version without it (top left). +7 levels are not in fact. Any weapon with level 8 will pump much less.
I took 9.3x74R (skill level 9). I compare in a standing position without a shooting tripod and with it. I don't see any improvement with it.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Here is a video of my 7x64mm, first without the shooting tripod rest, and then with it. I did not touch my mouse after aiming where the tree meets the rock. I did not hold my breath during the video.

I have skill level 19 with my 7x64mm and it wobbles like crazy without the tripod. However, with the tripod stand wobble is reduced to almost nothing even without holding my breath. When holding my breath I promise you it is rock solid. Jimbo ;)

https://imgur.com/a/0KL8g7m
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yep, I'd say there is a big difference there. Cool vid. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

What is gained by being level 19 if you still wobble that much? Any other advantage to being level 19?

I pay no attention to levels and just go prone. Boulders are free.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

All I know is after about the first few times my dad taught me how to shoot i can stand and not be 10 foot off target in real life, and it didn't take me thousands of animals :P
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

trulight wrote:All I know is after about the first few times my dad taught me how to shoot i can stand and not be 10 foot off target in real life, and it didn't take me thousands of animals :P
Same here. Dad taught me and my brother to shoot offhand for all shots. I've never taken any animal any other way.

However, in the game the devs have given me a wobble that I never had in real life shooting. So, i'll go prone every chance I get. My concern is a safe humane shot. Even in a game.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

OldMtnMan wrote:
trulight wrote:All I know is after about the first few times my dad taught me how to shoot i can stand and not be 10 foot off target in real life, and it didn't take me thousands of animals :P
Same here. Dad taught me and my brother to shoot offhand for all shots. I've never taken any animal any other way.

However, in the game the devs have given me a wobble that I never had in real life shooting. So, i'll go prone every chance I get. My concern is a safe humane shot. Even in a game.
Yeah for sure, I understand they do need to find the balance between realism and it being a game, and I also know they have made some adjustments to it already. I think as long as they continue to refine it down they'll find the perfect balance.
I hope they keep in mind how long it actually takes to level a weapon completely up. I forget how many hits it takes with a weapon but it's ALOT. More animals then I'll shoot in my entire lifetime, and i don't wobble nearly as much as this while standing, crouched (I never shoot this way irl), or proned. Most times I brace against any piece of nature (ie tree branch, bush, or rock). I think they could keep the high wobbles at lower levels, but increase it more in the early levels, then gradually increase it at later levels. Hope our feedback gives them an idea to go on.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

This game has problems. Even if we could take good shots in the offhand position. The animals will see us. Even if we're not moving. If real life hunting I would stand frozen and the animal won't spook. I would wait until it wasn't looking and then shoulder the gun. Once it was shouldered if I stayed still it didn't matter if the animal would look at me. It wouldn't spook and I could take the shot. I loved hunting by getting close and I loved taking the shots like I did. It gave the animal a fair chance to bust me. Fair chase hunting. No stands, blinds, or bait.

I'm hoping at least one of the two new hunting games coming will allow me to simulate what I did in real hunting. Shoot offhand and have a replay mode so we can see us make the shot afterwards. Even save the replays, so we can look back on the hunts. I think everybody would like that.

My other sims I play are Combat Flight Sim like DCS and Auto Racing sims. On both of them we have replays we can save and look back on. Why not a hunting sim too?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”