Shooting Tripod Rest no boosts weapon skill

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BCKidd

Re: Shooting Tripod Rest no boosts weapon skill

Post by BCKidd »

Going prone stops the rifle/weapon wobble. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I know. That's why most of my shots are prone. However, it's very unrealistic for me. I want to shoot like I shoot real guns.

Also, if we don't move at all. We shouldn't get busted whether we're standing, crouching, or prone but we do. We can shoulder a gun or bow in game and not be seen. Even if the animal is looking right at us. Use your binos and you'll get busted if the animal is looking at you. How does that make sense?

Don't move and we can be in any position we want and wear whatever we want too. Wear camo in real life and move. See what happens. Now wear a clown suit and don't move and see what happens.

I'd love to see a hunting game teach you the right way to hunt. That way those who will never get to hunt for real can experience what it's like. If they do get to hunt for real then the game taught them the right way.

Do you know how many race drivers started racing racing sims because it taught them the right way. Pilots are the same way. Why should hunting be different?

We need a hunting game with two modes. Call them Real Hunting Mode and Shooters Mode. Everybody is happy.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Can confirm what OldMtnMan is saying, I never used camo when hunting was always in just the jacket i wore everyday and some jeans. Was able to stalk up on them close enough to shoot them with a bow 40 yards. Yes sometimes I would get busted if they looked when I was moving. Or if they seen me in one spot, and then another, but if I stood still they didn't know what I was, and sometimes would even walk towards me out of curiosity (And that part of it which is in game is pretty cool).

Return to “General Chat”