Wounded Moose

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Wounded Moose

Post by OldMtnMan »

It sure it tough getting serious about hunting RFF. I've never seen such good terrain with so few animals on it. I don't get why they pulled animals off it. I'm not going for their answer that they didn't.

If I hunted it for real i'd wear out a good pair of boots in a few months.

Maybe sticking to Timbergold is a better plan. At least you get to shoot more animals. I'm not into mass killing but i'm not into going for a hike all day to shoot one spike elk.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

Roosevelt Elk can be elusive on all of their maps; not just on Redfeather falls.

I'm never going to really understand your desire to hunt the same animals, at the same place, with the same gun all the time (and then constantly change your mind ;-) ), but at least you picked a great rifle. The Stutzen is my favorite deer and elk gun.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

mel_o_mel wrote:Roosevelt Elk can be elusive on all of their maps; not just on Redfeather falls.

I'm never going to really understand your desire to hunt the same animals, at the same place, with the same gun all the time (and then constantly change your mind ;-) ), but at least you picked a great rifle. The Stutzen is my favorite deer and elk gun.

Because i'm trying to simulate my real hunting. Even if I did only hunt for Rocky Mountain Elk and muley's in Colorado. My body gave out on me and I was forced to retire from hunting. My mind didn't give out and it still wants to do real hunting. So, the best I can do is try to simulate my real hunting. It helps a little bit.

I really should be hunting for RME and Mule deer on TGF if i'm trying to simulate what I did in real hunting. The problem is RFF is closer in terrain than TGF. Six of one and half dozen of the other as they say. RFF is pretty frustrating though. A lot of hiking and not much shooting. Another problem with TGF is we don't have griz and wolves in Colorado. Sort of kills the immersion to deal with those, If the wolves aren't driving away the elk the griz are trying to kill me. I hate when either one interfere with my hunt.

To be honest. I'm hoping one of the two new games coming at the end of the year will suit be better. I won't give up on Classic but i'm open for another hunting sim. Something closer to what I did for real.

What I should have never done was have my accounts deleted and start over. I got hung up on trying to keep the hit/kill percentage at 100% and it's a dumb goal. I should have just kept hunting and not worry about any of the stats. The only stat that was important in real hunting was to always kill and eat everything I shot and I did that. Classic seems more like a competition than a hunting game.

I notice you do well in the competitions. Good for you.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”