New Start

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

New Start

Post by OldMtnMan »

I said I wasn't going to start over anymore. Well, that won't happen. I was getting bored to death. I needed to do something new. I want a new start and my account should be deleted in the morning.

My plan is to use only one gun for all my hunting. In the future when you look at my Lifetime Stats all you see is one gun. I'll use OldMtnMan for my game name again because it suits me and what i'll be doing.

I want to use an old classic gun but not the caplock. It's too weak for what I want to do. I just want to hunt for big game. No med game at all. There really is just one choice that appeals to me. The 45/70 Buffalo. Perfect for bison, moose, both elk, and all bears. Not a fan of jungle, So, water buffalo is out.

I like the game 45/70 Buffalo gun because it's a real gun (Sharps) used in the 1800's and it's also a replica you can buy today. I came close to buying one once. Ity's made by H&R.

Here's a video of a guy who has one and it shows him shooting it. I love the last rounds he fired. They were 405gr loaded with black powder. That's all I would have used. I love blowing smoke and the boom sound it makes. That's a proper gun! What he's doing is what I did all my life. If I wasn't hunting I was shooting my reloads. Fun stuff.

Anyway, that's my plan. I can't wait to get started. I wish I could wear the trapper outfit to hunt bison but i'd freeze to death. I'll have to wear that goofy cold weather outfit. For the rest of the animals i'll be in my buckskins smiling and stalking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-vM5r_iSKY
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: New Start

Post by JimboCrow »

Gotta hand it to you Pete, you're a faithful soldier and true to your principles. I hope you find nothing but joy and success. FYI, there's a Traditional Inuit cold weather hunting outfit in the store, unless that's the goofy one you're referring to.... :? :lol: I wish there were traditional leather satchels available for the traditional hunting outfits, and maybe an old flintlock with a powder horn. ;)

Thanks for the video Pete, I love the sight and sound of thunder and smoke too! Hit me up for an MP game sometime!! Jimbo
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Thanks for your post Jimbo. I had a feeling you'd be one of the few if the only one to respond and it looks like i'm right.

Is this the outfit you're talking about? It is better than the camo versions. I'll probably go with it.

https://www.thehunter.com/#store/bundle/233
Thanks again.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I would have responded but this leaves me speechless.
Not Again.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

:shock:
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I agree that starting over is dumb and a pain. Lets see if I can stick to using just one gun this time. I always wanted to do that in the past but failed every time.

The 45/70 Buffalo is sure a sweet gun. It knocks down moose like they're just deer and the sound it makes is addicting.

I had a long talk with my Lakota friend. He had some strong opinions on killing bison and what it did to his tribe in the past. Out of respect to him I may not hunt them. I'll just stick to hunting moose and elk. Maybe some brown bear. Not sure yet.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

My Lakota friends name is Tall Soldier. He's named after his great grandfather who fought in the Battle of the Little Bighorn. He was over 6' tall and so is my friend.

Anyway, he came over to bum breakfast this morning and we got to talking about bison again. When he found out I wasn't going to hunt them he thanked me for the thought but wants me to go ahead and hunt them. It would be different if I was killing real bison. He knows I bought the gun and clothing to hunt bison and came close to using BuffaloHunter as a name. I thought going back to OldMtnMan made more sense since it matches my forum name here. Plus, it's what I have written on the side of the hood on my Jeep. I guess I like the name.

So, bison are back on my list. Off I go for a hunt.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Hey Pete. Yes, that's the outfit I was talking about. Here's a picture of what it looks like in the game.

And why not start again? So you're a perfectionist, so what? All the great artists and writers, architects, painters and composers were perfectionists. Restarting a project over and over again because it isn't going the way you wanted has its drawbacks, certainly, but it can be a path to greatness. It's both a blessing and a curse, and is a heavy cross to bear. One good thing about though, is you don't have to worry about what other people think one bit. You have only yourself to please, or to blame of course.... :? It's a heavy burden. :|

Keep on going Pete, don't give up. I hope you put up perfect numbers this time; but don't be too hard on yourself if you don't. Best of luck!! Jimbo. ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

My perfect hit accuracy just went out the window. I shot at a moose who was too close to a boulder and i've discovered when I do that whether it's a tree or rock it seems to hit it even though the sights weren't on it. Just being close and the game calls it hitting the object instead of the animal. Brain fade on my part. I know better than to shoot that close to a solid object.

Oh well. There goes my perfect score.

Yes, that's the outfit I bought. Check out my avatar in game. Also, I took a picture of a moose I shot with that outfit. It doesn't give as good as a camo protection as the white camo outfit. I notice the animals see me at a pretty good distance away from them.

Snow sure is hard on the eyes after a while. I have it darkened up pretty good too.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DanthemanBoone wrote:I would have responded but this leaves me speechless.
Not Again.
:shock: Yep. Me too. That is all right tho', to each his own I guess... Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “General Chat”