310+ Roosevelt Elk

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
herajika
Tracker

310+ Roosevelt Elk

Post by herajika »

How common is such animal? Trying to do an event mission and can't find one even close to this number. I look up my statistics and biggest I ever harvested was only 353 (from 237 elks). That doesn't look particularly good. Am I just unlucky here?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: 310+ Roosevelt Elk

Post by ronMctube »

herajika wrote:How common is such animal? Trying to do an event mission and can't find one even close to this number. I look up my statistics and biggest I ever harvested was only 353 (from 237 elks). That doesn't look particularly good. Am I unlucky here?
310 bull elk isnt that hard to find. try looking on youtube i have a elk guide. a lead bull of a group or lone will complete the objective.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

You must be hunting Red Feather? Most of the big elk have moved away.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

ronMctube wrote:
herajika wrote:How common is such animal? Trying to do an event mission and can't find one even close to this number. I look up my statistics and biggest I ever harvested was only 353 (from 237 elks). That doesn't look particularly good. Am I unlucky here?
310 bull elk isnt that hard to find. try looking on youtube i have a elk guide. a lead bull of a group or lone will complete the objective.
One minute after I wrote my post I did harvested a 309.88 Elk. So I see it's at least possible. Also, I hate RNG. :cry:
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

OldMtnMan wrote:You must be hunting Red Feather? Most of the big elk have moved away.
Yes. I'm not a fan of white heart island. But if I wouldn't have much luck here, I probably would have to switch to it anyway.
BojanPanic14

Post by BojanPanic14 »

herajika wrote:How common is such animal? Trying to do an event mission and can't find one even close to this number. I look up my statistics and biggest I ever harvested was only 353 (from 237 elks). That doesn't look particularly good. Am I just unlucky here?
you can find many in the central lake of whitehart island
the higher you climb, the more we see your as* ;)
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

More common than the golden egg ;)
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

herajika wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:You must be hunting Red Feather? Most of the big elk have moved away.
Yes. I'm not a fan of white heart island. But if I wouldn't have much luck here, I probably would have to switch to it anyway.
I'm not a fan of Whitehart either. I like the mountains. I kind of gave up on RFF because of what happened to the elk. RME are what I hunted for in real hunting, so I stay on Timbergold. The elk are much bigger. Not in weight but in score.

It's a shame too because I love Red Feather the best for a map. The terrain is just what I like and reminds me of my home state. Put the RME on Red Feather and i'd never hunt anywhere else.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

ronMctube wrote:
Not any more Ron. In the old days if you found a 500kg top weight on a track, it was almost 100% 350+. Now huge track weights mean nothing. Yesterday, 440-490 scored 294. 300+ RE are rare these days on any map. Unless you are a newbie who hunts 1 hour for the first time in 2 months and harvests a 414 .
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I agree that comps about heaviest weight is pure luck.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”