310+ Roosevelt Elk

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: 310+ Roosevelt Elk

Post by Alphamale1956 »

knott wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:
knott wrote:This is a game of luck and endurance though so that is as it should be. Anyway I am giving up this. I don´t doubt I can find such an elk but I just hunted an elk which surely didn´t look like a 300 but anyway good with practise.First shot solid broadside at 80 metres. hmm body shot. Second shot change tactics he was facing away. So tried getting an intestine shot by shooting his ass at 110 metres... He hardly even bled just one blood trail and same percentage. Third shot again good broadside solid lung at 90 metres... eeeh no body shot. Hardly any bleeding. Later on I shot at 80 metres perfect setup and then a follow up shot at 95 metres. He did finally pass away but I could never penetrate his skin lol. A 266 which was around my guesstimate. Imagine a proper 310+ unless you go below 50 metres that must be at least 8 shots for him to go down with 12 gauge if you are aiming for lung shots?
What size slug did you use?
12 would have to try 10 next time. I rarely hunt with shotguns but I don´t remember them this weak. New monitor I wonder if VRR somehow kind of give me false frames or something so I don´t actually hit where I see. Needs investigating lol
Nah, that VRR is supposed to do the exact opposite and prevent lagging and frame drops.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

VonStratos wrote:So i was reading the comments, and what happened to RFF? did really something changed with the elk population or is just another case of perceived lack of elks just from bad spawn? i made a hunt some days ago, i noticed, or better said, i didn't noticed even a trace of elks in any of the common areas for them in RFF, except a group of cows, but since was only a hunt i thought was a simply bad luck.
It seems very much that they changed the population there. I believe to have enough runs there (a few hundred before, and some after) to be able to see a difference. Why don't you do a few more and tell us what you find, but I would be surprised if you found more than a handful of bulls. I have stopped using that area. We just needed that elk bull for the Easter mission, I went to Settler Creeks and knew where to find one quickly.

But then, spawn changes happen on the server and no one can know. So while we make these claims, it could have already changed again and our posts on the topic have become rubbish.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I love RFF the most of all the maps. I only hunt for elk. It's a shame I can't do that anymore but i'm not going to hike around all day in search of an elk that isn't there.

I don't believe when they say elk haven't been taken away. Please put them back. We want to hunt. Not go for a hike.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

HooCairs wrote:It took me a total of 110 eggs (bronze and silver) before finally finding the golden one. I drove the vehicle over the open fields of Hirschfelden. I was also close to giving up.
when i did the video for the event and to show how to find the eggs easy. the gold one i literally just walked down the whiterime route i showed and the first egg was a gold one. :lol: it is totally rng. :D
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

You seem to find animals that easy too Ron. Maybe you just have super luck.

Can I borrow some?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
knott wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote: What size slug did you use?
12 would have to try 10 next time. I rarely hunt with shotguns but I don´t remember them this weak. New monitor I wonder if VRR somehow kind of give me false frames or something so I don´t actually hit where I see. Needs investigating lol
Nah, that VRR is supposed to do the exact opposite and prevent lagging and frame drops.
Yes it creates false frames which make me wonder if that is causing issues. ButcI fint really believe that theory. I now run without and it do run smoother for some reason Them eith vrr
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

knott wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:
knott wrote: 12 would have to try 10 next time. I rarely hunt with shotguns but I don´t remember them this weak. New monitor I wonder if VRR somehow kind of give me false frames or something so I don´t actually hit where I see. Needs investigating lol
Yes it creates false frames which make me wonder if that is causing issues. ButcI fint really believe that theory. I now run without and it do run smoother for some reason Them eith vrr
False frames of what? If there's no content, there's no frame. Remove the frame limiter in the Nvidia Control Panel. That seems to work for me. I have G-Sync running and it works as advertised. Make sure you have the latest version of drivers (512.15). If you want my 3D settings specifically for the program (theHunter.exe) let me know and I'll PM them to you. Also for monitor tech setting I use G-Sync and for scaling I have Integer Scaling.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It creates false frames to remove annoying stutter. I see I totally failed in mobile phone typing. I dont understand what the autocorrect is doing lol

Return to “General Chat”