Got a 4k ...question for you folks

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Got a 4k ...question for you folks

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I ordered recently a 4k monitor (it didn't arrive yet). I wonder, you who already run this game in 4k, how much fps you get IF you have an old card, not a RTX one. I got, for now, an old MSI GTX 1070 OC 8GB VRAM video card with which , so far I can run any AAA game in 2k (my current monitor is limited to 2k) so it's still powerful taking into account it doesn't have the DSSL and RayTracing tech on it. If I run it with max settings , how much frames should I expect ? Thanks in advance
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Re: Got a 4k ...question for you folks

Nobody plays it in 4k ?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

the game isnt made for 4k but can play perfectly well at 4k apart from ui can be a issue to use with it being so small at 4k. if you play at 1080 its 4x the performance hit. 2k x2 . 1070 gtx will do it and play classic fine at 4k.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Thx. I got the monitor. It plays very well in 4k. Colors are slighty different but I guess it's the monitor settings. I have to tweak it a bit.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:Thx. I got the monitor. It plays very well in 4k. Colors are slighty different but I guess it's the monitor settings. I have to tweak it a bit.
set the refresh rate to at least 120 Hz
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

doesn't work at 120. It's a 28" monitor with a max 60Hz. Those with higher rate are expensive. I am content with usual 60Hz
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
Vanatorul_Roman wrote:Thx. I got the monitor. It plays very well in 4k. Colors are slighty different but I guess it's the monitor settings. I have to tweak it a bit.
What would be the point? It will be very hard to get to 120 fps at 4k on a 1070 :)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

knott wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:
What would be the point? It will be very hard to get to 120 fps at 4k on a 1070 :)
The point is moot now and has been since he's bottlenecked at 60 Hz
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Alphamale1956 wrote:
knott wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote: set the refresh rate to at least 120 Hz
The point is moot now and has been since he's bottlenecked at 60 Hz
Bottlenecked ? What bottleneck are you talking about when it comes to a standard , resonable, 60Hz ? You don't practically need more than 60Hz. If you have solid, fixed 30Hz it would be enough for playing. A game played on a monitor with higher refresh it doesn't look better and it doesn't manouver better. It's the same, it's just an illusion that it handles better. It's not a opinion, it's a scientific fact.
Monitors support a higher refresh if they are constructed to support it. You cannot force it like overclocking videocard or CPU thing. Very high refresh vertical frequencies are considered a lux for whomever afford to pay that price. I for one, I consider it a waiste of money.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

My 2 cents on this question. I have a Ryzen 5900x, Asus Strix WC 6800xt, 64GB of 3600 C16 Ram, all Nvme drives etc etc. All the bells and whistles. A 144hrz 1440p monitor and I play the game at....... 60fps. (this is NOT the only game I play).

Why would you do such a silly thing one may ask, well there is no difference between 60 and 250fps in this game for my eyes. It 'aint Cyberpunk or RDR2, I also find that this being an old game is far from optimized for modern higher-end platforms. You get regular little stutters, terrible framerate pacing with higher fps most likely to the game not liking multicore/hyperthtreading, even sound issues can crop up but at 60 it trundles along wonderfully. Just like a walk in the woods.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Return to “General Chat”