Daily Missions

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BCKidd

Re: Daily Missions

Post by BCKidd »

Well, now that fits the form nicely.... Congrats, you're an animal when it comes to those DMs, man that is dedication. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

My congratulations!!!! Hard work)
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

mel_o_mel wrote:......

If we were going to get some more prizes though, I vote for some unique clothing. Maybe a whole outfit that could go with the Hard Core Hunting jacket or something similar that has some universal camo effects.
It's just that the development team did not expect so many people to reach the Day 480 prize :lol:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

fon_Belkrofft_DK wrote:It's just that the development team did not expect so many people to reach the Day 480 prize :lol:
I can believe that! My husband and have found them very addicting. Every day you can have the feeling of accomplishing at least one simple goal, with a nice little (or big!) reward, and they usually they don't take much time to do. Usually. ;) Last night he had an easy mission to spot a female turkey. It took him three hours! The males kept coming in, and so did elk and coyotes. He got distracted and kept shooting the other animals instead. :lol:

Another reward for Daily Missions is while you do them, you can have an excellent hunt you might not have otherwise tried. I had to find Ibex poop last night; I found that quickly, but also ended up harvesting a new PB Ibex scoring 281! :D

Yes, daily missions can be VERY addictive! :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

Another reward for Daily Missions is while you do them, you can have an excellent hunt you might not have otherwise tried. I had to find Ibex poop last night; I found that quickly, but also ended up harvesting a new PB Ibex scoring 281! :D

Exactly! Last night I needed to spot a male Rusa Deer. So I spotted a 186.6928. He's number 23 on the leaderboard right now. Got to love those daily hunts that turn into trophy hunts. :)

I've had way more good hunts doing dailies than I've had bad ones.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Today I completed the daily mission for Day 500. Along the way I received all the rewards. Since the last reward I have less interest in the Daily Mission as I feel it is just repeat and repeat. 3-4 days ago I lost more than 2 hours trying to find Puma poop, just to realize that when they are in the fleeing mode they don't poop. My first harvest in theHunter was on 23 June 2009. So I have all the weapons and equipment that I need and I don't really need the gm$. Nevertheless, I have decided to stop doing the daily missions until interesting new rewards are added (not weapon reskins). I will then use a card to resume the sequence. So to all those who are still doing the missions, enjoy and good luck. I am taking a break. :) :)

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

ClemD wrote:Today I completed the daily mission for Day 500. Along the way I received all the rewards. Since the last reward I have less interest in the Daily Mission as I feel it is just repeat and repeat. 3-4 days ago I lost more than 2 hours trying to find Puma poop, just to realize that when they are in the fleeing mode they don't poop. My first harvest in theHunter was on 23 June 2009. So I have all the weapons and equipment that I need and I don't really need the gm$. Nevertheless, I have decided to stop doing the daily missions until interesting new rewards are added (not weapon reskins). I will then use a card to resume the sequence. So to all those who are still doing the missions, enjoy and good luck. I am taking a break. :) :)
Congratulations! I really should do the same! Just settle for doing the regular missions at my own pace if I ever feel the need instead of compulsory hunting like an alcoholic which is not even an alcoholic anymore just pretend to need a daily fix :p

That said today I actually got myself a nice cinnamon bear scoring 21.7 and a good lynx after a nice stalking session. So at least I see what I once liked about this game. Proper hunting not daily mission grind.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

ClemD wrote:Today I completed the daily mission for Day 500. Along the way I received all the rewards. Since the last reward I have less interest in the Daily Mission as I feel it is just repeat and repeat. 3-4 days ago I lost more than 2 hours trying to find Puma poop, just to realize that when they are in the fleeing mode they don't poop. My first harvest in theHunter was on 23 June 2009. So I have all the weapons and equipment that I need and I don't really need the gm$. Nevertheless, I have decided to stop doing the daily missions until interesting new rewards are added (not weapon reskins). I will then use a card to resume the sequence. So to all those who are still doing the missions, enjoy and good luck. I am taking a break. :) :)
Very nice streak. I only started mine after they added the whole reward system, so I am 4-5 months behind, on day 380 today.

You can resume your streak down the road, but only if you pay attention (every day!) not to complete the daily mission unintentionally. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Frew13

Post by Frew13 »

HooCairs wrote: You can resume your streak down the road, but only if you pay attention (every day!) not to complete the daily mission unintentionally. ;)
Missions will not be active until you decide to use resume streak or start a new one.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Frew13 wrote:
HooCairs wrote: You can resume your streak down the road, but only if you pay attention (every day!) not to complete the daily mission unintentionally. ;)
Missions will not be active until you decide to use resume streak or start a new one.
Oh cool. Thanks for the information! I didn't even realize they put in this extra safety feature. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”