Shooting Pheasants on the Ground

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Mafagafo

Shooting Pheasants on the Ground

Post by Mafagafo »

Are bows the only weapons allowed to shoot pheasants on the ground?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Shooting Pheasants on the Ground

Post by HooCairs »

You can shoot pheasants on the ground with ALL permitted weapons, but NONE will count for leaderboards or competitions.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Mafagafo wrote:Are bows the only weapons allowed to shoot pheasants on the ground?
Of course not ! 22 and 357 and 270 are able to be etched
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I noticed that lately you can take point (money) for killing them on the ground. In the past you couldn't do that, only if you killed them airborne. I am happy how they changed the system, now I can make points with my new guns. for the grinder, and get money for bullets in the same time.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

No, they always awarded money when ground shot, from day one.
Spoiler:
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

I believe that the only difference is that points are deducted for ground shots. You still get gm$ and you still get a score just much lower than if that bird had been airborne.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

atc86 wrote:I believe that the only difference is that points are deducted for ground shots. You still get gm$ and you still get a score just much lower than if that bird had been airborne.
Nope. The score is always the same. If you shoot a pheasant scoring 22, it will say "22.000 A" for airshots and "22.000 G" for ground shots.

Same payout as well, as the gm$ is based on the CSS, which is based on the animal score.
Spoiler:
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

HooCairs wrote:
atc86 wrote:I believe that the only difference is that points are deducted for ground shots. You still get gm$ and you still get a score just much lower than if that bird had been airborne.
Nope. The score is always the same. If you shoot a pheasant scoring 22, it will say "22.000 A" for airshots and "22.000 G" for ground shots.

Same payout as well, as the gm$ is based on the CSS, which is based on the animal score.

Ahh I always thought points were deducted as one time I shot a max scoring bird that was on the ground but when I harvested the score was much lower... Maybe I just remembered wrongly but always had that assumption, thanks for clearing that up.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

atc86 wrote:
HooCairs wrote:

Ahh I always thought points were deducted as one time I shot a max scoring bird that was on the ground but when I harvested the score was much lower... Maybe I just remembered wrongly but always had that assumption, thanks for clearing that up.
I can attest to that. It took a long time for me to be able to shoot them airborne (I'm still not great at it), but I'd pick them off on the ground just to slowly build up the easy gm$.
I also ground shot them with the bows to help me improve and level those weapons up, too.
(They sure are a lot easier to hit with the Snakebite when they AREN'T flying! ;) )
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Shoot this bird with the 22, or a compound bow, or ARGGGGGG the pain a longbow while airborn.

Return to “General Chat”