Can this #1 share his/her secret lol

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Jeepers

Can this #1 share his/her secret lol

Post by Jeepers »

Most all distance comps this person wins ,has for at least 1 year Just curious how and why I cannot duplicate and come even close.Close as in less than a meter or heck even beat.Every time same location always finds the rabbit I try same and no way I get them at that distance.I am at least 60M short and even if I find the holes,same location and am at that range NO RABBITS.I don't mind the loss as much as I wonder how they do it.Are they using a graphics card foliage setting?
BCKidd

Re: Can this #1 share his/her secret lol

Post by BCKidd »

They may be setting their graphics to lower. They have also spent a lot of time practicing. I've tried but have only ever been able to hit a critter at 400+ ms. I don't set my graphics to low tho', and this also as I said, might be key. They are legitimate shots. Practice makes perfect. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Michaelairjordan

Post by Michaelairjordan »

If your geese hunting and flock breaks, any geese u miss and fly away and take out the plinkton and keep shooting
You can get far distance shots that way also
Flinter is notorious for it, that's how I found out
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Be suspicious of anybody who can win all the time.

It takes more than practice.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

OldMtnMan wrote:Be suspicious of anybody who can win all the time.

Smells alot like the good old "everyone whos worse than me is a noob and everyone whos better than me is a hacker" mentality :?
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Andhii wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:Be suspicious of anybody who can win all the time.

Smells alot like the good old "everyone whos worse than me is a noob and everyone whos better than me is a hacker" mentality :?

Do you think if you practice more you can win all the time?

Is twisting words your hobby?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

OldMtnMan wrote:
Do you think if you practice more you can win all the time?
Simply put, yes.

All of the competitions can be divided into 2 categories, luck based and skill based. The competitions that require high scoring animals is mostly luck based, as you need luck to have high scoring animal to spawn in the game within the attempts you are given and then luck to encounter it. Competitions with range or other similar requirements require more skill than luck which in turn means you can repeat the success far more consistent. I prefer competitions that have their enfasis on skill rather than luck.

There are few of these skill based comps that I have tried to take part as often as I can and that has resulted into many gold trophies, there's this one competition that I would say I have dominated over the years, beaten only once by another player if I recall correctly. I came 2nd bunch of times at one point but upon closer look the guy who beat me was cheating. So it literally took a hacker to stop me. Granted this particular competition does not have many participants which I belive is due the sheer skill needed to place in top 3.

So yes, using your own skills you can repeat success if you know what you're doing, and you can often see this in them long range competitions where theres always one guy who wins it, even when all his secrets are revealed in b&c sheet (location of shooter, location of animal, stand used, weapon used ammo used etc).

This is of course just my point of view but i'v seen people complain and say not so flattering things about these players who have practiced and honed their skills to be the top dogs and it's absurd that the newcomers assume there must be fishy stuff going on since they can't compare. :roll:

While practice certainly does not make you perfect, it will get you closer to your goal.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I never said practice doesn't help. I said it takes more than practice to win all the time.

I know the value of practice. In the 70's I made a living trap shooting for a 10 year period. I practiced every day I was competing. I spent tens of thousands of dollars on ammo. It paid off and I won way more than I spent. However, I was lucky and had a natural talent for it. I consider that more important than practice. Practice just brings your natural talent to a peak. Others would practice just as much and couldn't win.

When a competition relies on some luck. Anybody can win if they have the talent to win and practice.

I'm always suspicious of anyone who can win all the time. It doesn't mean I think they're cheating. It means I want to know why they can win all the time. It's one thing to win now and then. It's another to win all the time. Maybe suspicious is to strong of a word. Let's say i'm curious on how they do it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

OldMtnMan wrote:Maybe suspicious is to strong of a word. Let's say i'm curious on how they do it.
Oh, so now you're twisting your own words? ;)

You are making the assumption that he has formidable competition. It's quite likely that he's the only one that has spent that much time "practicing" and just knows how to make those shots.
Other competitors can shoot from the same spot and have no luck because they just haven't figured out how to make that shot.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

You're making some assumptions too.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”