immortal coyotes

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
cervettorosso
Spotter

immortal coyotes

Post by cervettorosso »

any arrow of any bow is no longer able to kill a coyote / wolf at the first shot, hitting the lungs makes it even 300 400 meters, am I the problem or is it a bug / improvement of these animals?

Sorry For my english!!! :oops:
trulight
Scout

Re: immortal coyotes

Post by trulight »

Make sure you post links of examples from your hunter sheet, we need more context to answer ya.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I think this is a general problem with coyotes from time to time. I have had one with a lung shot of the. 223 which run forever. I think, there was another thread on this topic but have not found it, so far.
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Just had this happen last night to someone in a multiplayer game. I didn't see the weapon he used but he lung shot the coyote, it bled for about 7-8 tracks then the blood trail stopped and the coyote went about it's business. I helped him chase it for a while but eventually gave up when he had to leave. Unfortunately I don't have the scoresheet to share since I couldn't find it. I tracked it about 1500m and it kept crossing back over it's own tracks so I lost patience with it. But this bug does indeed happen once in a while.

It's worth mentioning that another player in the same hunt killed and harvested over a dozen coyotes. He never mentioned having any issues, he was using firearms though. Maybe the bug is limited to bow shot coyotes.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

xOEDragonx wrote:Just had this happen last night to someone in a multiplayer game. I didn't see the weapon he used but he lung shot the coyote, it bled for about 7-8 tracks then the blood trail stopped and the coyote went about it's business. I helped him chase it for a while but eventually gave up when he had to leave. Unfortunately I don't have the scoresheet to share since I couldn't find it. I tracked it about 1500m and it kept crossing back over it's own tracks so I lost patience with it. But this bug does indeed happen once in a while.

It's worth mentioning that another player in the same hunt killed and harvested over a dozen coyotes. He never mentioned having any issues, he was using firearms though. Maybe the bug is limited to bow shot coyotes.
hello, I hunted the coyote (8 I think) last night with a bow and I had no problem. Even with the two injured and found at 150/2000m. If it can help! ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
cervettorosso
Spotter

Post by cervettorosso »

the only way to kill them on the spot is to hit them in the brain, spine, lungs even at 5 meters they go away, I tried with all the bows, when hit it remains motionless for milliseconds and then runs away

Sorry For my english!!! :oops:
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

I hunted coyotes yesterday, i used the parker python.
I could still drop them with lung shots.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

They can be difficult to drop but been hunting them the last few days and have dropped several on the spot with the snakebite with a lung/liver shot. Can be difficult to get the double lung on them if you're stand hunting and they are beneath you. Taking them head on appears the best approach with the chance for a heart shot and if not you'll most likely hit the lung and liver/intestines, at least from an elevated position.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

never encountered the issue, I usually bring them down from trees with easiness and silently. No problems here. And the ones that didn't die on spot, I usually find them lying around at some point.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

One more of those:

Today I spotted my first albino coyote. I fired with the cap lock at roughly 40m.
I was pretty surprised to see it run of but when I found lung blood, I was sure to find it soon.
When I finally found it, it was still running around and I had to fire a 2nd shot. By doing so, I forgot that the. 30 is not ethical (something, I will never understand).
So I got it, but cannot even taxi it :evil:

A single lung shot with .50 CL at 40m does not kill a coyote in 60 minutes... :o
That is really strange!

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vier ... /877161913
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”