The game doesn't work well

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
fantamichele
Outfitter

The game doesn't work well

Post by fantamichele »

After yesterday's update I can no longer play in 21: 9, as soon as I press the Alt + Enter keys to fit the screen to 21: 9 the screen freezes and I have to use Alt + F4 to exit.
Hope you can solve the problem. Thank you

p.s .: the game remains running even after I forced the shutdown, on the steam page the game is still running even after half an hour from closing.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: The game doesn't work well

Post by HooCairs »

I have an ugly white frame now.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy Hunters,

We've released a quick patch to sort out an issue that cropped up with resizing the game window. Our apologies to everyone who experienced the bug. :oops:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Spoiler:
ripsix

Post by ripsix »

How do you play in borderless windowed mode? I'd love to but every time I give focus to a different window I get the taskbar on the monitor the game is on that will then overlap the game window from then on.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have the taskbar in the game in window mode all the time. Doesn't bother me. But you can press Alt-Enter to remove it.
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I tried to open a game after this patch, it works fine, the game doesn't crash but there was a brief moment where the window seemed to want to close.
This didn't happen before, however it's okay, the important thing is that now I can play.
Thank you
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

@fantamichele: when the game stays open in steam after shutting it down, or you can’t open it again, open your task manager (right click on task bar or hit Ctrl-alt-del) and look for any game process still running in background in the Processes tab and end those. Then you can start it again normally.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Griph wrote:@fantamichele: when the game stays open in steam after shutting it down, or you can’t open it again, open your task manager (right click on task bar or hit Ctrl-alt-del) and look for any game process still running in background in the Processes tab and end those. Then you can start it again normally.
After I pressed Alt + F4 the game is closed for the Task Manager but it is open only for steam, I had to restart the pc to close it permanently
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

fantamichele wrote:
Griph wrote:@fantamichele: when the game stays open in steam after shutting it down, or you can’t open it again, open your task manager (right click on task bar or hit Ctrl-alt-del) and look for any game process still running in background in the Processes tab and end those. Then you can start it again normally.
After I pressed Alt + F4 the game is closed for the Task Manager but it is open only for steam, I had to restart the pc to close it permanently
I had the same problem. I was not able to switch back to the desktop. However I was able to blindly shut down the game.
- Hit Ctrl-Shift-Esc to launch task manager
- type theh (the game will be highlighted in the task manager now)
- Press Delete and Enter :arrow: Game ends

Needs fixing.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”