Weapons ranked on Power?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Weapons ranked on Power?

Post by Alphamale1956 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:see my post above. Because they stuffed up the reorganisation and now we have completely new developers along with their new weapons, and they may not be aware of or conforming to the newer system of weapon classification that was established. its just another fornication.
Thank you!! I just wanted this inconsistency validated. There are other cases and I thought this was due to small adjustments of the standard weapon in order to make a "new" weapon. Like offering carbon fiber barrels.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

OldMtnMan wrote:The .300 mag does not have a carbon barrel. All that's carbon fiber is the cheek piece.

From the description of the rifle.

"With a black wood stock, sculpted cheekpiece and cold hammer forged barrel"

A hammer forged barrel is made of steel. All the .300 mag guns in game use the same barrel. I never fell for the carbon barrel hype.

The Weatherby .340 mag has more power than the .300 mag ay all distances but especially at long distance. The 9.3x74R is a short range African gun. The .340 mag kills it at long range.
Yes yes yes. I get all that. I have all of those rifles and did my research on them. But when I saw the .300 Carbon was offered as a new weapon to rank up I couldn't understand why it was being seen as another weapon to buy and different than the .300 Composite. Hence, the questions about the barrel. Doesn't this make sense? If this topic has been beaten to death, please point me to the article, because I haven't found any discussion on it. And I'm sorry I ruined your day trying to explain it to me.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I try to help and get condescending crap in return.

That will be the last time I help.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The whole description of the 300 mag carbon is a joke.

The wood is pictured as green, not black.
Maybe they meant Blackwood. Blackwood is a medium-sized Australian hardwood that grows in South Australia and the eastern states.

Cold hammer forged barrel, definitely not carbon.
Maybe they meant Cold hammer forged carbon wrapped barrel. There is no pure carbon barrel. the carbon is an outer skin only.

Sculptured cheekpeice. If it is the carbon component it would be made in a mould , Moulded not sculptured.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:The whole description of the 300 mag carbon is a joke.

Maybe they meant Blackwood. Blackwood is a medium-sized Australian hardwood that grows in South Australia and the eastern states.

Maybe they meant Cold hammer forged carbon wrapped barrel. There is no pure carbon barrel. the carbon is an outer skin only.

Sculptured cheekpeice. If it is the carbon component it would be made in a mould , Moulded not sculptured.
Well it's not just the 300. Anything named Anschutz, somehow gets it's own rank category. Why is that? .308 Bolt Action Rifles get a category. Fine. But what's this? The Separate .308 Anschutz 1780 D FL Rifle get's its own category. Now here's an Anschutz Coffee Maker? Get's its own category. Is Anschutz sponsering EW?
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:The whole description of the 300 mag carbon is a joke.

Well it's not just the 300. Anything named Anschutz, somehow gets it's own rank category. Why is that? .308 Bolt Action Rifles get a category. Fine. But what's this? The Separate .308 Anschutz 1780 D FL Rifle get's its own category. Now here's an Anschutz Coffee Maker? Get's its own category. Is Anschutz sponsering EW?
Yes they are, and totally different style of gun therefor gets it's own category.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Like Trulight says, the 308 anschultz has a conventional bolt action while the two other 308 rifles have straight pull bolts.

However the whole argument of comparison revolves around a fictitious game written and coded by computer ( savvy ? ) persons who never hunted or have any firearm experience at all. Compounding the issue is that much of their descriptions are written by 'Non Native English' speaking personnel. Further more, unlike many of us who have been playing for the whole of the evolution of the game , their relatively short periods of employment leave them ignorant of much of the history and development of the game and lead to errors in context. Any attempt to relate this fiction to reality will lead to endless questions and frustration. Its a game loosely based on reality, only made for entertainment.
Last edited by DanthemanBoone on January 17th, 2022, 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Like Trulight says, the 308 anschultz has a conventional bolt action while the two other 308 rifles have straight pull bolts.
Yeah well bolt action is bolt action. That's not gonna change.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Like Trulight says, the 308 anschultz has a conventional bolt action while the two other 308 rifles have straight pull bolts.
Yeah well bolt action is bolt action. That's not gonna change.
With rifles that have totally different ballistics even in reality. In fact every rifle has minor discrepancies in ballistics and accuracy even the SAME model of weapons. Here your talking different builds of rifles in general.
So even in reality, a bolt action of different models are completely different weapons, and accuracies/ballistics can vary, EVEN if they use the same exact ammo.

Furthermore that would be like saying a bolt action pistol, would fire the same, have the same accuracy, and ballistics be the same as a bolt action rifle. Which is JUST not the case.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Hypothetically, and keep in mind i'm just throwing numbers around but the principal is the same. You have a .308 bolt action remington vs a .308 bolt action winchester. One has a 30 inch barrel the other has a 31 inch barrel.
The one with the 31 inch barrel is actually going to have more muzzle velocity, and more concussive force when it hits the target then the one with the 30 inch barrel. Why? Because the bullet is under the compression of the ignition of the gunpowder for longer before it leaves the barrel then the shorter barrel. Therefore a bolt action is not just a bolt action every single time.

Return to “General Chat”