Weapons ranked on Power?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Weapons ranked on Power?

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Like Trulight says, the 308 anschultz has a conventional bolt action while the two other 308 rifles have straight pull bolts.
Yeah well bolt action is bolt action. That's not gonna change.
Edit: DB, to your edit. I'm not questioning how realistic they made (or are inheriting) the game. This is a menu problem. It's more about logistics rather than a translation problem. At one point they use only the name of the gun MFG'er as what determines the category and other times they simply make the mistake of giving weapons, whose only difference is the color of their skin, separate categories for no good reason. In any language, that is fixable and deserves looking at for people who still pay real money for items in this classic game. If you're not gonna support your game, then don't take the players' money.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Like Trulight says, the 308 anschultz has a conventional bolt action while the two other 308 rifles have straight pull bolts.
Yeah well bolt action is bolt action. That's not gonna change.
Edit: DB, to your edit. I'm not questioning how realistic they made (or are inheriting) the game. This is a menu problem. It's more about logistics rather than a translation problem. At one point they use only the name of the gun MFG'er as what determines the category and other times they simply make the mistake of giving weapons, whose only difference is the color of their skin, separate categories for no good reason. In any language, that is fixable and deserves looking at for people who still pay real money for items in this classic game. If you're not gonna support your game, then don't take the players' money.
He alrady mentioned they missed some of the groupings when they combined it, and that was a PRIOR team, not this one.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Alphamale1956 wrote:Anyone have a wiki article on this? TIA
Going way back to the original question, there is a performance chart way down the bottom of the weapons page in the Wiki. Its well outdated now but as far as I can remember it was the only one ever published.

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
Going way back to the original question, there is a performance chart way down the bottom of the weapons page in the Wiki. Its well outdated now but as far as I can remember it was the only one ever published.

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons
What I was looking for. Thanks

Edit: Actually these articles are only as recent as 2014. Do you think any work on damage has been done since then? If so then these are useless for weapons that have been added since then. More precisely, is there a difference between the .300 composite and .300 Carbon in damage delivery and other comparisons? Still, thanks for the help.
Last edited by Alphamale1956 on January 20th, 2022, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Carbon and Composite both relate to the material used in the stock, not the barrel. Carbon meaning Carbon fibre and composite meaning any other plastic or fibre glass mixture. The Ammo is the same for all rifle skins of the same caliber and there is only one power rating for the ammo. So it is unlikely that one rifle skin would perform any better than any other version..
Well maybe here but as I said, when you attach "carbon" to a weapon, you are usually referring to the rifle barrel and not the color of the stock. Carbon is not a color.
Of course, carbon is a color:
https://www.color-name.com/carbon.color

And is this case it refers to the stock as already mentioned.
Code: Select all
petunia
Tracker

Post by petunia »

Alphamale1956 wrote:is there a difference between the .300 composite and .300 Carbon in damage delivery and other comparisons?
I have them both (all of the .300s in fact) and as far as I can tell there isn't. I haven't been a member back then, but seeing that they have separate hunter score counters but are grouped under the .300 skill I would assume that once there were just two .300 rifles, counted differently in score, and later on some more .300 skins were added and just lumped into the first category.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

The bigger the caliber , the bigger the power. Problem is that you can't hunt (unethical reasons) all the animals with a powerfull gun and not all the big guns have a better optics (the classci ones for instance). I mean medium to big game. Maybe the best for those two "worlds" is the .300. It drops to the ground any animal on spot. Even if you miss and you just wound it, it will die very quickly, you won't be spending too much time after it. For small game , you can use the .243 (for foxes, lynx, bocat etc). It will kill it qucikly even with body wound. After the .300 the most powerfull are the 7mm I think and the 30.06 lever action rifle.

Return to “General Chat”