New Map?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: New Map?

Post by HooCairs »

As soon as there is a map editor, or any type of mods, the entire competitive concept would fall apart. No more leaderboards and competitions.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

HooCairs wrote:As soon as there is a map editor, or any type of mods, the entire competitive concept would fall apart. No more leaderboards and competitions.
Agreed, and the chances of things getting hacked rises as soon as they would know how maps/servers work in their entirety.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

HooCairs wrote:As soon as there is a map editor, or any type of mods, the entire competitive concept would fall apart. No more leaderboards and competitions.
Not sure that is necessarily the case. Comps and leaderboards could always be restricted to Standard Maps and as is the case with MP sessions that are hosted by the Hosts computer, Custom Maps could be hosted the same way.
My understanding of the current system is that only the results of the game are being fed back to the main server. All the required game files are on your own computer and can be accessed and played without recourse to the main server. (Playing offline) So Custom Maps loaded on a personal computer would also be playable in this way. Hosting a Custom Map from your personal computer should also then be possible.
Hackers do not hack the main servers, they access and alter files on their own computers.( As Sam well Knows. LOL)
Personally I feel that releasing the Editor would greatly enhance the evolution of the game allowing so many Custom Maps and custom objects becoming available for inclusion in the game.
As a custom map builder for DH2004 and DH2005 I had amassed a huge library of custom objects from all over the world for those games, many of which were way in excess of the quality of the original objects that came with the game. Several of those custom object makers are now playing theHunter and represent a huge untapped resource that would become available if the editor/game engine was released.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
wilsadfar

Post by wilsadfar »

I too hope that they will make a new map someday!
Michaelairjordan

Post by Michaelairjordan »

I hope they remove roe from hemmeldel when they add the fallow dear
slugmeister
Outfitter

Post by slugmeister »

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any evidence this game will ever grow again. I'm not seeing the support or enthusiasm. It used to be that developers were here every day, or asking for input all the time. That mindset has clearly faded, and I can only assume they are focused on Call of the Wild now.

We will have to see what happens in the future. I used to think that Thehunter would be great on a console, but clearly that isn't the case. Call of the Wild is one of the worst hunting games I've played. I can only assume hunting games go in cycles just like they always have. There was the Deerhunter series which was great, then slowly faded. There was the Cabela's series that was great, then slowly faded. Then there was Thehunter (now classic) which was great, and has faded. We are about due for another great hunting game.
Muglug
Scout

Post by Muglug »

The trouble with adding another map is every time they do they take X amount of animals out off the other maps, to stock the new map(s), which may be to keep there server band width the same price !

Its free to play now...so who will pay for the new map.

There is less animals in most of the maps now to what there use to be, check it out with the GTS, most logins you get just a few animals turn up now.

Its the lack of animals, why i do not play so much.

just my opinion.
Ghosts don't die they just fade away, like players do every day.
Michaelairjordan

It's not like dh05 where u could mod everything and create your own server
Michaelairjordan

Muglug wrote:The trouble with adding another map is every time they do they take X amount of animals out off the other maps, to stock the new map(s), which may be to keep there server band width the same price !

There is less animals in most of the maps now to what there use to be, check it out with the GTS, most logins you get just a few animals turn up now.

just my opinion.
I remember redfeather being full of bull elk now you hardly see any
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Michaelairjordan wrote:
Muglug wrote:The trouble with adding another map is every time they do they take X amount of animals out off the other maps, to stock the new map(s), which may be to keep there server band width the same price !

just my opinion.
I remember redfeather being full of bull elk now you hardly see any
Yup! It's full of spikes and cows now.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”