New Map?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Pittie
Hunter

New Map?

Post by Pittie »

Hello :-)

Will we ever see a new map for the game? I'm sure this would bring back many missing veterans to the game.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: New Map?

Post by JimboCrow »

Sorry Pittie, but this will never happen. I wish there would be another one too, but they don't have the staff, and the staff they do have don't have the experience to attempt anything nearly so ambitious. Just look at the last two animals, the Puma and the Axis Deer, they look like cartoons compared to all previous animals. The Puma looks absolutely corny and out of place in the incredibly realistic Timbergold Trails, and the Axis Deer just makes BRR look even more like an arcade game map. They both look like they were imported straight out of COTW. The next animal will be the Fallow Deer, and I bet it will look exactly the same, like a COTW cartoon. And if that's the case and that's the best they can do, then maybe it's actually best we won't get another map.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

JimboCrow wrote:Sorry Pittie, but this will never happen. I wish there would be another one too, but they don't have the staff, and the staff they do have don't have the experience to attempt anything nearly so ambitious. Just look at the last two animals, the Puma and the Axis Deer, they look like cartoons compared to all previous animals. The Puma looks absolutely corny and out of place in the incredibly realistic Timbergold Trails, and the Axis Deer just makes BRR look even more like an arcade game map. They both look like they were imported straight out of COTW. The next animal will be the Fallow Deer, and I bet it will look exactly the same, like a COTW cartoon. And if that's the case and that's the best they can do, then maybe it's actually best we won't get another map.
hello, you are right but maybe one day ....! ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

JimboCrow wrote:Just look at the last two animals, the Puma and the Axis Deer, they look like cartoons compared to all previous animals. The Puma looks absolutely corny and out of place in the incredibly realistic Timbergold Trails, and the Axis Deer just makes BRR look even more like an arcade game map. They both look like they were imported straight out of COTW.
Kind of agree. But what made you think BRR looked arcadey even before axis? I didn't think that.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Brutus969 wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:Just look at the last two animals, the Puma and the Axis Deer, they look like cartoons compared to all previous animals. The Puma looks absolutely corny and out of place in the incredibly realistic Timbergold Trails, and the Axis Deer just makes BRR look even more like an arcade game map. They both look like they were imported straight out of COTW.
Kind of agree. But what made you think BRR looked arcadey even before axis? I didn't think that.
It's too 'shoot-'em-up' for me is all. I'm a Settler Creeks fan, which is like real hunting, whereas BRR reminds me of COTW for the large number of kills you can make from all the sniper spots. Meh. Plus half the map is almost completely wasted, which bugs the hell out of me.... I might be being a bit unfair.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

The Hunter Classic could need some love.

Fixing some more bugs, adding some small features, remodel/reskin some animals.

Very cool would be a feature to choose which animals you want to have on a map (with realistic restrictions).

Example Hirschfelden:

[ ] Brown Bear
[ ] Canada Goose
[x] Crow (Corvus corone)
[x] European Lynx
[x] European Rabbit
[ ] Gadwall
[x] Mallard
[ ] Northern Pintail
[x] Pheasant
[x] Red Deer
[x] Red Fox
[x] Roe Deer
[x] Wild Boar

The more animals you choose, the less number of each species are on the map.

Species like Lynx and Brown bear would be extremly rare when choosen.

For the ducks, maybe one or two big lakes near the river?

I know it will never happen, but the "classic concept" is the way I want to hunt and it has so much potential!

MfG L.E. ;)

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

id love to see a u turn on africa. it would be a great uplift. i think it could be done .
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

ronMctube wrote:id love to see a u turn on africa. it would be a great uplift. i think it could be done .
Well, what is the problem with that? Too many animal activists or what? I've been away for about a year and I would've thought they had the Serengeti covered by now.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

They could just release map editor..
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

pastuh wrote:They could just release map editor..
That wouldn't work at all without doing a lot of coding, and they would have to release some form of dedicated server, for maps to work, because info is fed from a main server for the maps. I don't see them doing it.

Return to “General Chat”