Cutting animal calls short?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ripsix

Cutting animal calls short?

Post by ripsix »

Does the duration of how long you use callers make a difference?

Some of the calls, like deer grunt, I just hold LMB until it's done and sounds correct. Others, like the elk and moose callers, sound like they need to have the LMB released early.

When I tested it though, seemed like both worked but seemed like the full duration call lasted longer. Then I was watching a YT video and the person only used the first couple seconds of any call.
xOEDragonx

Re: Cutting animal calls short?

Post by xOEDragonx »

The duration of the call doesn't matter at all. I don't think the caller even needs to make any sound really. As soon as you click, the game recognizes that you've called and animals will respond according. The sounds the callers make are just audio feedback for the player. You can't call wrong and you can't call too often. You can call not often enough though as some animals lose attraction to the callers faster than others. I believe moose, turkeys and wolves (with elk calf caller specifically) are all good examples of that. A single call will only hold their attention for a minute or two real time. Whereas with most other species, calling every 3-4 minutes or so is more than enough.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Cutting animal calls short?

Post by Alphamale1956 »

xOEDragonx wrote:The duration of the call doesn't matter at all. I don't think the caller even needs to make any sound really. As soon as you click, the game recognizes that you've called and animals will respond according. The sounds the callers make are just audio feedback for the player. You can't call wrong and you can't call too often. You can call not often enough though as some animals lose attraction to the callers faster than others. I believe moose, turkeys and wolves (with elk calf caller specifically) are all good examples of that. A single call will only hold their attention for a minute or two real time. Whereas with most other species, calling every 3-4 minutes or so is more than enough.
Yep. Case in point, you can call ducks and geese with just a mouse click...pause...mouse click and they break on both LR and SR callers. Who's to say they would have done so without the micro-short clicks? It's all MIND POWER!!

Return to “General Chat”