Why no Sambar caller?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Why no Sambar caller?

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Can't find this at the store. Why not?
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Why no Sambar caller?

Post by OldMtnMan »

Do they call?

Calls sold are confusing.

Bear calling is a very popular way to hunt for bears and we don't have one.

We have a mule deer call and in 70 years of hunting them I never heard a muley call.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Alphamale1956 wrote:Can't find this at the store. Why not?
hello, no there is no caller for the sambar but a very effective perfume ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Do they call?

Calls sold are confusing.

Bear calling is a very popular way to hunt for bears and we don't have one.

We have a mule deer call and in 70 years of hunting them I never heard a muley call.
Of course. That's why I'm asking. Any animal that uses audible sounds to identify itself to others of the same species has a call. We as hunters should have devices that mimic these calls. Heck, we even have electronic calling machines in this game for cats. You'd think they make a call for the Sambar deer. It's the ONLY deer without a call. Same for Dall sheep too. I don't want to hear weak arguments about the balance of the game. Besides they won't apply here in this case anyway. Perhaps they were thinking of using the Buck grunt as a universal call for deer of all species because it currently is that for about four different species. If that's the case they should let us know.
Before anyone says "the don't make them", they do. https://youtu.be/q_PRSFRbKUM
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Strange sounding deer if it sounds like that call.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Not so strange. We have both Sambhur and Sika (NOT SITKA) here in New Zealand and both have a call best described as a whistle. It can be replicated with a plastic shepherds whistle. But not the only variation of calls they can make. The current in game call is more like a high pitched throat clearance.
As far as having a call in game, currently there is only the scent attractant available.
Sambhur have well defined areas and travel routes in game and hunting from a tower or tree stand with scent attractant is very productive. Yesterday had six hinds on a scent spot at the same time .
Stalking on foot through the trees in game is far more difficult as the Sambhur stags are very alert and will flee from 150 metres or more if you are moving at a walk. Probably the closest to real life difficulty you will get in this game.
If I want a close to real life experience I will hunt on foot. If I am in a competition I will use a tower or tree stand and scent attractant.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Not so strange. We have both Sambhur and Sika (NOT SITKA) here in New Zealand and both have a call best described as a whistle. It can be replicated with a plastic shepherds whistle. But not the only variation of calls they can make. The current in game call is more like a high pitched throat clearance.
As far as having a call in game, currently there is only the scent attractant available.
Yeah, the question is why? What's so hard about installing a caller for this deer? Every single other deer has one.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Well bears, don't have a call because they want to sell feeders, which have a gm sink, and at the time of their creation an em sink as well. Sambar deer i guess they just decided no call for you, or they had plans to release something later. Same could be said why don't we have feeders for all animals. Was just a design decision.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

trulight wrote:Well bears, don't have a call because they want to sell feeders, which have a gm sink, and at the time of their creation an em sink as well. Sambar deer i guess they just decided no call for you, or they had plans to release something later. Same could be said why don't we have feeders for all animals. Was just a design decision.
No, it's like selling shoes without shoestrings. Adding a caller is not a major event in the least.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Personally I would be rather disappointed if they did add a caller for Sambhur. It would remove a whole dimension from the map which actually has 3 species, Sambhur ,Water buffalo and Banteng that dont have callers. Buffs and Bangs dont have scent reducers either. So that means a player has to rely on stalking skills rather the having an easy option to fall back on.
In reality we should not be able to call Red deer stags on Val Des Bois either, as they wont answer to a roar during summer months. They will actually run away.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”