Stealth

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Stealth

Post by Alphamale1956 »

farjam wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:
farjam wrote:Tree stands are the King as HooCairs said. Only arctic fox will spook under it (only if you called it from that particular stand, If you had not called it, it can stay under the stand without being spooked). I only hunt in whiterime ridge and there are three kind of heights for the tree stand for me, some of the lowered position ones could spook even sitka deer, I know the places just by experience to stay way from them, nothing I can prove by exact height and such things.
Interesting. How do you get multiple heights? I never purchased the two-man stand, is that what you're referring to?
No, I meant the type of the trees and the place you can put the stand on them, the height of the stand is not customizable, it is related to the shape and height of the tree and and sometimes where their branches starts, normally each tree just has a fixed place(in term of height) for stand(you can only rotate the stand).
for example if the stand is too low and there is a little hill in front of it, The animals who are on that little hill sometimes will spook
Ah, ok I get it
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:The tree stand also will not deflect shots taken as you lead a spooked target with your rifle, unlike the tower.
That too. Totally forgot about that, but another plus for the tree stand. Tree stands are superior in almost every way. I too have had even the spookiest animals (i.e. cats specifically) stand directly below me on numerous occasions without using scent eliminator. Like I said, get high enough and you're practically invisible. I'm not sure how one could quantify stealth against AI much better than that.

You said you're looking for a more specific answer, exact numerical levels and parameters. You're not going to find that. That's one of those magic numbers that is kept behind the scenes, just like animal populations, just like how soon a trophy animal will spot you on the ground and just like how many rares may or may not ever spawn on a map. It probably also depends on the environment. Again, consider tree stand height. A low hung stand and a high hung stand are practically two different kinds of stands. If we knew quantifiable answers to stand stealth, they'd be easy access public information and it would take even more of the effort out of hunting. The best you can do is go on anecdotes and personal experience, almost like real hunting. We shouldn't always have all the answers.
Well, what I meant was if the words they use...like "Some", "Good", "None", "Excellent", and so on, were converted to numbers from 0-10, we could then take those numbers and get a cumulative score on what each item as a hunting platform has to offer as a total numerical value. This sum value would be based on unique advantagous attributes of the items as well as their drawbacks. None of these are perfect as even the tree stands have drawbacks such as the lack of 360 view, risk of losing them to beavers (ahem!), and not being able to use them in a "tree-less" environment. But they can be quickly compared with other cloaking platforms with these numerical asset values. That's not giving any secret formula away in my view.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Different trees will have the stand at different heights, but it is not adjustable (with small exceptions) and the same height on all trees of the same type. There are a few trees that will hang the stand lower or higher depending on where you are around the tree, but I wouldn't even be able to show you one if I needed to. Just noticed while hanging them at times.

I have no experience with arctic foxes under tree stands as Whiterime has few trees that can be used. I only use towers there but call from 30m out. I only call from the tower when I am certain I will see the animal early enough to shoot.

We asked years ago what good, very good, excellent, etc. means, but EW has a philosophy here that makes little sense to me. It is pretty much "we let the players find out", as if we could determine those differences. And so we will never know the numbers.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

HooCairs wrote:Different trees will have the stand at different heights, but it is not adjustable (with small exceptions) and the same height on all trees of the same type. There are a few trees that will hang the stand lower or higher depending on where you are around the tree, but I wouldn't even be able to show you one if I needed to. Just noticed while hanging them at times.

I have no experience with arctic foxes under tree stands as Whiterime has few trees that can be used. I only use towers there but call from 30m out. I only call from the tower when I am certain I will see the animal early enough to shoot.

We asked years ago what good, very good, excellent, etc. means, but EW has a philosophy here that makes little sense to me. It is pretty much "we let the players find out", as if we could determine those differences. And so we will never know the numbers.
Well said, Hoo. I'm now wondering if we could sit down and apply a system of values to these platforms and use them to construct a player tool for purchasing these with all their positive and negative aspects. Maybe McTube could give new items these numerical values after his review. He still does those, doesn't he? It would be useful to new players. And I can't imagine EW being getting sore about gaining more of those.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Much easier: tell new players to focus on tree stands and the occasional tower. ;)

There is a bit of info on the stands in here: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Hunti ... tand_Types
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

gameplay knowledge time played you can literally crouch walk upto anything within 20m with B&C clothing on. so it just about choosing right approach being careful and gameplay knowledge. years ago i actually used to test this on big trophy animals see how close i could get standing prone crouch walking lost some very big trophy animals along the way but...it learnt me what i could also get away with.

stands some animals sometimes still look up and spook. coyotes are especially bad for this. regardless of what you have on.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The only way I hunt in game and real hunting Ron.

It's very rewarding to know I can beat the animals senses on it's terms.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

ronMctube wrote:gameplay knowledge time played you can literally crouch walk upto anything within 20m with B&C clothing on. so it just about choosing right approach being careful and gameplay knowledge. years ago i actually used to test this on big trophy animals see how close i could get standing prone crouch walking lost some very big trophy animals along the way but...it learnt me what i could also get away with.

stands some animals sometimes still look up and spook. coyotes are especially bad for this. regardless of what you have on.
yes it is true you are right I tried several situations and the best depends on the context!
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

HooCairs wrote:Much easier: tell new players to focus on tree stands and the occasional tower. ;)

There is a bit of info on the stands in here: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Hunti ... tand_Types
oooh, that's some nice info. Yep, that's what I needed. Thanks HC.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

ronMctube wrote:you can literally crouch walk upto anything within 20m with B&C clothing on
You got video proof of this? I don't have B&C camo, but I do have the Alpine 3D camo, and I've never succeeded at crouch walking to within 20m of ibex. I don't believe it's possible either for male black bears, male grizzlies, banteng, bobcats, lynx, sambar, rusa, foxes, turkeys, geese.

Crawling, sure.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Return to “General Chat”