Weapon used for each animal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
sharpyy

Weapon used for each animal

Post by sharpyy »

Hello I have a question i'm kinda noob in this game and would like to know is there some kind of list where i can check what weapon should i use for each animal? I know that i get more points for using the right weapon for each animal where do I check which weapon is good for what animal?
Brutus969
Scout

Re: Weapon used for each animal

Post by Brutus969 »

What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

sharpyy wrote:Hello I have a question i'm kinda noob in this game and would like to know is there some kind of list where i can check what weapon should i use for each animal? I know that i get more points for using the right weapon for each animal where do I check which weapon is good for what animal?
The Hunter WIKI is a good place to find the list of ethical ammo for each species. Here is the link :
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Permitted_Ammo

Now, where did you read that you'll get more points if you use one or another weapon to make your kills?
And by points, you mean what?
- Money you get for the kill?
- Scoring of the animal?
:?
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

sharpyy wrote:I know that i get more points for using the right weapon for each animal where do I check which weapon is good for what animal?
This is valid only on COTW, in classic if you use the wrong weapon Doc sends you the warning letters and you do not receive money
sharpyy

Post by sharpyy »

SRV wrote:
sharpyy wrote:Hello I have a question i'm kinda noob in this game and would like to know is there some kind of list where i can check what weapon should i use for each animal? I know that i get more points for using the right weapon for each animal where do I check which weapon is good for what animal?
The Hunter WIKI is a good place to find the list of ethical ammo for each species. Here is the link :

Now, where did you read that you'll get more points if you use one or another weapon to make your kills?
- Scoring of the animal?
I mean i was using 7mm Magnum for the red deer and everytime i shoot one the CSS value is about 60 why is that?
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

sharpyy wrote:
SRV wrote:

- Scoring of the animal?
I mean i was using 7mm Magnum for the red deer and everytime i shoot one the CSS value is about 60 why is that?
CSS has nothing to do with what weapon you use. It's a measure of the animal's score... CSS = (Score - Min_Score) / (Max_Score - Min_Score) * 100 * Species_Multiplier
Last edited by Fletchette on December 26th, 2021, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Bests...
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

:arrow: sharpyy ... Read here about CSS. https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/CSS
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Try the Wikipaedia for TheHunter Classic. You will find there even more infos about this game and much more, thanks to our veteran HooCairs and other legends of this game who contributed to the matter.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

It is not the weapon that will decide if an animal is a permitted kill, it is the ammo.
There are 3 factors in the harvest record.

1. permitted ammo.
If you do not use an ammunition specified as Permitted for that animal you will not get any money,
Will be unable to mount the animal in the trophy room.
Will not count to weapon score
Will not count towards hunterscore.
Will not count towards species harvest score.
Will get a letter from Doc.

2. trophy integrity.
Trophy integrity does not effect the level of reward you get .
It is based on the time it takes for the animal to die. It decreases in value with passing time.
It can also be affected by using a powerful permitted ammo on a small animal at close range.
So instant kill does not always garantee 100% trophy integrity.
100% trophy integrity can be a requirement for some missions or competitions.

3. CSS
This is where the money is earned.
The CSS is a calculation on the difficulty and value of an animal in relation to all other animals in the reserve,
and its highest possible score,.
The CSS score is calculated on difficulty, from 0% to 100% of the CSS Multiplyer.

The animal with the highest CSS is the Puma with a multiplier of 170.
A puma at 50% 0f the max possible score will have a CSS of 85.
That translates to 85 Gms
A max score puma will give a score that is 100% of 170.
That is of course 170. that translates to 170 Gms.

The weight of an animal is not considered, only the trophy score.
In some cases however weight is used to calculate the trophy score.
Animals such as those females without a score have no CSS, therefore no monetary value
Last edited by DanthemanBoone on January 4th, 2022, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

My favorite tool to determine permitted ammo is this webpage - you can just hover mouse pointer over icon on the secondary display, without clicking/leaving the game:
http://www.nikolem.com/thehunter/weapons/
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”