Buffalo Hunting

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
nachthexe
Hunter

Re: Buffalo Hunting

Post by nachthexe »

I start at 5:00 am on the Alaska map, you might consider tuning down your Gamma value may be, and wear goggles.
Code: Select all
farjam
Spotter

Post by farjam »

OldMtnMan wrote:I tried different times Jimbo. I either couldn't see anything or it was too bright.

I have an advanced cataract in the eye I can see out of. It looks like i'm in a thick fog all the time in and out of game. So, early mornings are tough when I add more fog to my permanent fog. I do it sometimes on some maps but I should stop doing it and be like Ron and start at 11am all the time.
May I ask which graphic card is on your system sir?

I had a head Injury back in 2012 and since then I have been struggling with some level of colorblindness and also light sensitivity(plus the left hand numbness :mrgreen: and losing the grip power ), so when I have started Thehunter I realized that the Whiterime ridge map is the only area in the game that my eyes can really see the animals as their color is different to the snow, but then the problem was the light and gamma level that I couldn't play more than 20 Minutes or I'll get a eye-related headache but after tuning the colors/brightness and other settings (from my graphic card settings not from the game) It became ok and since 2017 that reserve is where I hunt exclusively, tried so many times to make the other places suitable for myself but there was no luck, even by inverting the colors (imagine if all the colors changes, like reds became blue and such :mrgreen: ), that's why if you check my hunting history it will be whiterime ridge for unlimited pages lol

In the graphic setting of your system you can changes the overall brightness/contrast/gamma and even change the brightness level for each color channel (red/green/blue) individually to check if there is a particular color that its brightness is hurting you or not.
If your graphic card is Nvidia I can make a video for you about how to changes those values(I know the Nvidia settings better) in your settings, at best case scenario you can solve It by trying different settings, at worst we can learn something.

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Thanks for the offer farjam but i've already scratched the map off my list. It was just an experiment to try bison but they're just big dumb animals that hold little interest for me. My eye problem is medical and the fact I need to sit so close to the monitor. The white map just made it worse. Tone it down and I can't see anything. I'm fine with the summer maps and they suit me better anyway. I never hunted the Rockies when they were covered with snow. I hunted the muzzleloader and bow seasons because they were during the elk rut and in Sept. The bow season used to start in Aug but they changed it to Sept 1st.

I wish there was a Colorado map in game with the proper animals.

Thanks again.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
farjam
Spotter

Post by farjam »

You are very welcome my friend, anything you needed whiterime ridge-related I'd be there.
I'm going to try the Australian map in near future to see if I can make the colors bearable, the forest maps unfortunately are a big no no for me...
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Good thing we both have an option that works for us. Snow for you and the timber for me. :D
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”