Ghillie Arctic vs 3D Arctic

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
_dfad_
Scout

Re: Ghillie Arctic vs 3D Arctic

Post by _dfad_ »

If someone is blind, I can explain. Try to complete arctic fox missions while dressed in ghillie. Surprise, you can't complete the mission where you have to kill 3 foxes without optics.
Yes, ghillie is not mandatory for that. You can do it in 3d. But if you try to do the same while still hunting for some other species and this wear ghillie - nope, not your day.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

_dfad_ wrote:If someone is blind, I can explain. Try to complete arctic fox missions while dressed in ghillie. Surprise, you can't complete the mission where you have to kill 3 foxes without optics.
Yes, ghillie is not mandatory for that. You can do it in 3d. But if you try to do the same while still hunting for some other species and this wear ghillie - nope, not your day.

Ghillie hasn't given me away yet.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'd still like to know what the two pictures are showing? Yes, I see the sight. What else is it showing?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'd still like to know what the two pictures are showing? Yes, I see the sight. What else is it showing?
I think that's all other than it showing the leaves or lack of them. Tbh, I don't care what it looks like. That's not what matters. It's the numerical values that the programmers put into the game that matters. How stealthy one suit is relative to another. The Ghillie is listed as Legendary and the arctic 3D is excellent. Legendary is greater visual stealth than excellent. I have not experienced the noise penalty as I recently bought this suit. But so far, it's lived up to its billing.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'd still like to know what the two pictures are showing? Yes, I see the sight. What else is it showing?
The suit is blocking the view of the sites on the rifle.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, I see now. It doesn't happen with a scope though. Does anybody hunt for bison with open sights?

No matter. I'm back on warmer maps now. ;)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
I think that's all other than it showing the leaves or lack of them. Tbh, I don't care what it looks like. That's not what matters. It's the numerical values that the programmers put into the game that matters. How stealthy one suit is relative to another. The Ghillie is listed as Legendary and the arctic 3D is excellent. Legendary is greater visual stealth than excellent. I have not experienced the noise penalty as I recently bought this suit. But so far, it's lived up to its billing.
I don't understand why he showed it in this thread? I clearly said I was using the .340 mag and scope but even if I used the open sights I can see them fine with the Ghillie suit.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

OldMtnMan wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:
I don't understand why he showed it in this thread? I clearly said I was using the .340 mag and scope but even if I used the open sights I can see them fine with the Ghillie suit.
He probably didn't read the whole thread, but was simply responding to your original question, "What's your opinion on the two Arctic suits?"...Apparently there are situations where the Ghillie blocks the sights.
Personal Bests...
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Fletchette wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote: I think that's all other than it showing the leaves or lack of them. Tbh, I don't care what it looks like. That's not what matters. It's the numerical values that the programmers put into the game that matters. How stealthy one suit is relative to another. The Ghillie is listed as Legendary and the arctic 3D is excellent. Legendary is greater visual stealth than excellent. I have not experienced the noise penalty as I recently bought this suit. But so far, it's lived up to its billing.
He probably didn't read the whole thread, but was simply responding to your original question, "What's your opinion on the two Arctic suits?"...Apparently there are situations where the Ghillie blocks the sights.
Which should have been fixed during beta testing.

Nobody in real life would say I can't use the jacket because it blocks the sights. They'd just pull out those feathers.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

OldMtnMan wrote:Which should have been fixed during beta testing.

Nobody in real life would say I can't use the jacket because it blocks the sights. They'd just pull out those feathers.
It's quite likely it only happens under very limited circumstances, such as one specific weapon or one specific place on the map.
Pretty sure it wasn't tested with all 115 weapons. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “General Chat”