Ghillie Arctic vs 3D Arctic

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Ghillie Arctic vs 3D Arctic

Post by Fletchette »

OldMtnMan wrote:I might still try it. Maybe the hunter I was talking about is really good or lucky. I should see for myself.

Plus, easy means it's easy for everybody and still a competition that's hard to win. I've been hunting RFF this morning for elk and not finding a lot of elk and they're small when I do. That's not very exciting either. At least with bison i'd be finding animals. I'll decide before the day is out.
You don't have to sneak up on bison...You can run right up to them. Pretty much the only thing that spooks them is firing a weapon. Be careful, though...As you get within about 50 meters, one of them will turn towards you and attack.
Personal Bests...
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Fletchette wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I might still try it. Maybe the hunter I was talking about is really good or lucky. I should see for myself.

Plus, easy means it's easy for everybody and still a competition that's hard to win. I've been hunting RFF this morning for elk and not finding a lot of elk and they're small when I do. That's not very exciting either. At least with bison i'd be finding animals. I'll decide before the day is out.
You don't have to sneak up on bison...You can run right up to them. Pretty much the only thing that spooks them is firing a weapon. Be careful, though...As you get within about 50 meters, one of them will turn towards you and attack.
Yeah, I remember them from COTW. They were mental in that game. If I didn't drop them when I shot them they would come kill me as I was trying to get the muzzleloader reloaded. They would wait in the bushes and attack like the grizz does on TGF map too. Grumpy aren't they?

I don't need to get too close to them with the .340. It's not like the caplock. I'll be shooting the .340 long before I get to 50m.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Alphamale1956 wrote:Hah, does it work? I just now had a Male Polar Bear(over 28 score) wonder leisurely into my camp as I was setting up in the blind. I had my scent elim on and heard the growl and he was about 70m from my clearing. Bagged.
70m isn't very close. I'm sure the 3D Arctic can do that easy enough. I wear B&C or Army camo for elk in TGF and RFF and can get within 20m with them looking right at me. I don't shoot cows but they come up to me as i'm sneaking into a bull. They'll be 5m away and never see me. They finally sniff the air and then bolt. It's impossible to stop that. It's programmed in the code.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

OldMtnMan wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:Hah, does it work? I just now had a Male Polar Bear(over 28 score) wonder leisurely into my camp as I was setting up in the blind. I had my scent elim on and heard the growl and he was about 70m from my clearing. Bagged.
70m isn't very close. I'm sure the 3D Arctic can do that easy enough. I wear B&C or Army camo for elk in TGF and RFF and can get within 20m with them looking right at me. I don't shoot cows but they come up to me as i'm sneaking into a bull. They'll be 5m away and never see me. They finally sniff the air and then bolt. It's impossible to stop that. It's programmed in the code.
Think of how close you could get if you take showers more often...:)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'd rather not get close if I have to do that. :P
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

The main difference between these sets is shown here:

Now make your choice :)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

_dfad_ wrote:The main difference between these sets is shown here:

Now make your choice :)
Wow never seen this one! :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I stared at both pictures for 5 min and still can't figure out what i'm looking at.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

I think the one on the left is a garter belt. Oh ok, it's the phosphorescent "iron" sights of a handgun or rifle
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yes, the fiber optic sight is obvious but what does it have to do with the camo outfits?

I bought the Ghillie and hunted the comp. I didn't hunt for long. I shot one bull that looked big but was only a 61. I saw a small herd of cows. That was about it.
What a gloomy map. I'm in a heated room and I swear I started to get cold. :lol:

I think since i'm back to the OldMtnMan i'll go back to my plan to just hunt with the caplock for all my hunting. I got so sidetracked with all the other guns so easily bought. I asked Nick if he could delete all the guns i've bought and then i'll buy just the caplock and stick with it this time.

I have all the Mountain Man movies. I need to watch a couple of them and get my head back into it. If it was summer I could go to a rendezvous and then i'd be back in the right frame of mind.

Anybody want a Arctic Ghillie bundle? Like new except for a little bison blood. :mrgreen:
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”