Christmas event

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
herajika
Tracker

Re: Christmas event

Post by herajika »

Michaelairjordan wrote:Can the ptarmigan be shot on the ground? I know last yr it said airborne this yr it doesn't?
You could harvest grounded ptarmigans last year too. There was another event where you needed to harvest airborne ptarmigans though. I think it was St. Patrick's one.
Dave1969

Post by Dave1969 »

Struggling with Sliver present
Kozimierz

Post by Kozimierz »

I went literally on top of the mountain to find last gold present.
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Noticed in multi-player game, two times today, spotted reindeer tracks disappear as soon as you clicked one track the whole herd worth of tracks would disappear.

jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Gold and Silver found while driving the roads of Hirschfelden. Only took one trip too!
Hoosier

Ho Ho Ho

Post by Hoosier »

Is there any significance to the constant ho ho ho in Hemmeldal?
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Ho Ho Ho

Post by Fletchette »

Hoosier wrote:Is there any significance to the constant ho ho ho in Hemmeldal?
Santa Clause is coming to town !!!
Personal Bests...
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Santa is calling for hid girl.
Spoiler:
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Hi Hoosier.

I had asked the same question, a couple of times, in a different thread, and got the same snarky responses. :lol:

From what I can determine, it is just a sound effect for a christmas ambiance, and has no significance in game.

I was hopeing that there was some significance to it, and we could hunt down santa, and deliver some payback for all the times he failed to bring us the right toys for christmas. But alas, it's just a sound effect.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Christmas 2021 - present$ values

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I have a lot if fun playing the Christmas event, but by doing so I have observed a few strange things related to the present$ values:

This morning, the daily mission brought me to Whitehart Island and a couple of turkeys came along.
I was really stunned, that a turkey is seen as a mammal (10 present$) and not as a bird (2 present$).

The value of the presents does also change. I had so far one out of 27 red presents valued 4 instead of 3, one out of 8 silver presents valued 7 instead of 6 and two out of 5 golden ones valued 9 instead of 8. All theses are the values shown on the huntermate, which seem to be the basis for the present$ calculation of the event.

The values given in the statistics after the hunt do not always fit to those values. Even more funny that the calculations within the statistics sometimes do not fit:

In the hunt given below I found 2 silver presents with a max score of 6 but a total of 13:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/vier ... /107630496

I would like to know if anyone ever found a present with a value of 10 (on the huntermate), which is stated in the event's description to be the maximum.

Again, the event is great fun and I already reached all goals, I set to myself. But with regard to fairness for those, who really want to qualify for the top 5 (I definitely don't want to) it should be as given in the event's description.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”