Today's Back in Black Revolver Edition comp

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Today's Back in Black Revolver Edition comp

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I just shot a blacktail buck, I am in the right reserve (whitehart island), I used the right weapon (10mm pistol), range was lower than 25m, and , yes, I joined the competition but the game refused to acknowledge my harvest !! Did anyone, today , who plays for this competition encountered that anomaly ?

Confirmed kills
Blacktail Deer (M) 153.9764
23h 54m 59s
Score: 153.9764
Harvest value : 100
Weight: 82.74 kg (182.40 lbs)
Time of Harvest: 2021-11-30 23:08 EET
Shots Hit: 1
Shot Distance: 16.16m (53.02ft)
Weapons Used:
10mm Semi-Automatic Pistol
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Re: Today's Back in Black Revolver Edition comp

Post by CaplockHunter »

You would have been 6th with that buck, so not as bad as being in the lead. Keep trying.

I shot one with a .454 and of course it's not legal. So, I pulled out. I had a brain fade when the rules said any revolver. I should know better that I can't use the .454 on deer. Too bad i'd like to hunt with it, but i'll save it for bigger animals. Elk and moose will be good.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You need to use a revolver, i.e. a .357 or .44.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

A revolver....hmm....That must be it. Thx Hoo, I was getting ideas along the way...LOL
For me revolvers, pistols are all the same. In my language there are not even words to describe them differently, so that is why I thought any handgun would do.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

A revolver has a revolving cylinder.

I had the revolver but the ammo was too big. Better than too small. :D
Pete

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:A revolver....hmm....That must be it. Thx Hoo, I was getting ideas along the way...LOL
For me revolvers, pistols are all the same. In my language there are not even words to describe them differently, so that is why I thought any handgun would do.
After some quick research ( I couldn't believe you don't have a word for revolver in Romanian) I found there is such. You actually have three words for handguns - "pistol", "revolver", "arma".
This is from an online dictionary. Maybe you just didn't know the difference.
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

BaiPe6o wrote:
Vanatorul_Roman wrote:A revolver....hmm....That must be it. Thx Hoo, I was getting ideas along the way...LOL
After some quick research ( I couldn't believe you don't have a word for revolver in Romanian) I found there is such. You actually have three words for handguns - "pistol", "revolver", "arma".

We don't have a word "revolver" as a ROMANIAN term. It is a foreign word exclusively entered as foreign term in language. Nobody here uses the word "revolver" (not even cops), even if it is in the dictionary as a foreign entry term., so , in way, it doesn't "exist" for us. For handguns we use "PISTOLS" word. For us ALL small (fire) guns are PISTOLS. . So that is why. If you would ask a Romanian in the 50's what a revolver was, he/she wouldn't know what you were asking.
It could be a good explanation for the situation because in East we never used revolvers, a pistol with rotational bullets chamber. The police and army have used always Russian or german pistols which were not revolvers. So almost nobody here knew about revolvers. First time when a common Romanian saw a revolver was in the 60's , in "western" movies, those with cowboys and indians.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:
BaiPe6o wrote:

We don't have a word "revolver" as a ROMANIAN term. It is a foreign word exclusively entered as foreign term in language. Nobody here uses the word "revolver" (not even cops), even if it is in the dictionary as a foreign entry term., so , in way, it doesn't "exist" for us. For handguns we use "PISTOLS" word. For us ALL small (fire) guns are PISTOLS. . So that is why. If you would ask a Romanian in the 50's what a revolver was, he/she wouldn't know what you were asking.
It could be a good explanation for the situation because in East we never used revolvers, a pistol with rotational bullets chamber. The police and army have used always Russian or german pistols which were not revolvers. So almost nobody here knew about revolvers. First time when a common Romanian saw a revolver was in the 60's , in "western" movies, those with cowboys and indians.
Hello ! indeed there is a translation problem for example "main" means point weapon without precision and "weepon" even if it is hard to understand! the problem is that English is a simple language whereas "Greek, French, Spanish etc" are subtle and difficult languages! but you need a single language for everyone to understand each other ... Alas! ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

Your mistake on the revolver is understandable.

Mine with using the .454 on deer has no excuse. My bad.
Pete

Return to “General Chat”