It Can't be Normal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
_dfad_
Scout

Re: It Can't be Normal

Post by _dfad_ »

jttoo wrote:
_dfad_ wrote:Doc sleeps surrounded by empty ginger ale cans and doesn't want to look around.
You sure it isn't something a little stronger?
As a translator, I am absolutely sure.
Doc mentions ginger ale in description of four missions. He never mentions anything stronger.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

_dfad_ wrote:
jttoo wrote:
_dfad_ wrote:Doc sleeps surrounded by empty ginger ale cans and doesn't want to look around.
You sure it isn't something a little stronger?
As a translator, I am absolutely sure.
Doc mentions ginger ale in description of four missions. He never mentions anything stronger.
Of course he wouldn't, He wouldn't want to admit he is a drunk. His actions speak for themselves, hides in trees, dresses up like mushrooms etc... :lol:

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

there are Bull elk on RRF, not as many as there use to be...i got most of them....and Doc won't replace them as much....he's been that way since i stopped hiding my Crown on that that reserve... :o .... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:there are Bull elk on RRF, not as many as there use to be...i got most of them....and Doc won't replace them as much....he's been that way since i stopped hiding my Crown on that that reserve... :o .... :lol:
That I would believe. Good to see you, ol' codger. I hope you are well and Merry Christmas to you. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

BCKidd wrote:
outrider wrote:there are Bull elk on RRF, not as many as there use to be...i got most of them....and Doc won't replace them as much....he's been that way since i stopped hiding my Crown on that that reserve... :o .... :lol:
That I would believe. Good to see you, ol' codger. I hope you are well and Merry Christmas to you. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Thank you my friend,

wishing you a pleasant and Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Years, i will raise a glass of "C" to you.. :D .......(youngster)... :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

BCKidd.
Thank you my friend,

wishing you a pleasant and Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Years, i will raise a glass of "C" to you.. :D .......(youngster)... :lol:
:lol: :lol: Respect!

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

he he, I get several messages a month with complaints about recent population changes (each time is a different species though :D )
I think I already confirmed that in the past, but once again - we did not change any population, at least during my watch since Nov 2019! it is all random and depends on your luck.
for fun I've spent some time to prove my words and created a graphic for you - it shows the Elks' harvests per active user per month in RFF since f2p start. it would drop in case of any population decrease, but it is straight as a nail! :lol:

Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Dmitri wrote:he he, I get several messages a month with complaints about recent population changes (each time is a different species though :D )
I think I already confirmed that in the past, but once again - we did not change any population, at least during my watch since Nov 2019! it is all random and depends on your luck.
for fun I've spent some time to prove my words and created a graphic for you - it shows the Elks' harvests per active user per month in RFF since f2p start. it would drop in case of any population decrease, but it is straight as a nail! :lol:

hmm but cant you increase the elk population a bit to make RFF fun again, its really very big map, and i was hunting elk solely on that map since i started hunting them in 2012 :oops: and yes there was some changes before you joined the team, i think population did drop a bit and some groups formation disappeared, like the group consisted of one male leading 4 or 5 cows, i am still looking for prove that this group still exist... even when i mentioned this in a post here in forum, Devs answer back then that nothing has changed regarding elk groups and that they are still random.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Dmitri wrote:he he, I get several messages a month with complaints about recent population changes (each time is a different species though :D )

Could you also show the average scores over this time? At times it feels like goat hunting these days. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Your graph tells us nothing. The difference between the high points and low points could be as little as ten, or as large as several thousands. There are no population numbers there.

Server based population control was introduced to allow for exactly the purpose of allowing population levels to be altered without patching.
Why was it introduced if it was never going to be used.
Since you already have it why wouldn't you use it.
Maybe now would be a good time to put it to good use.

Personally I believe that animal spawning areas are moved around each new season and that is why animals are not all spawning in there usual areas, and the lack of animals is the result of players being unable to find the new areas. So many of the permanent towers that used to give good results are now completely barren. What is the point of having permanent towers where there are no animals?.

I have played this game since just after it went public. I used to shoot Elk in the north/West delta on Redfeather falls. There have been no Elk in that area for the last 7 years.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”