It Can't be Normal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

It Can't be Normal

Post by CaplockHunter »

Ok, this has been talked to death and complained about but it finally got to me for good.

There's no damn bull elk in RFF. For the last two days i've covered the whole map where elk should be. I've tried my hot spots, Ron's hot spots. Hoo's hot spots. Everybody's hot spots. Plus, areas i've never tried before just in case. No exaggeration. I saw no bulls, heard no bull calls, or saw no tracks. None! I could have killed 100 cows but I don't shoot cows. I like a challenge.

I don't want to hear someone say they shot 10 bulls over 400. I know what I saw and I know it's the truth for me. This can't be normal. I would have given up elk hunting 68 years ago if it was like this. Maybe someone in EW is playing a joke on us. Well, you got me good. I just had a birthday. Was that my present?

So, I started to pull my tents off of RFF and was going back to Timbergold. I don't want to. I don't like the grizz and mountain lions trying to kill me all the time or the wolves spooking the bull I was about to shoot. Not to mention the thick brush and high grass that eliminates going prone. However, it has bulls and i'll put up with it all to hunt for bull elk.

So, as i'm pulling my tents I get a lot of blacktail buck calls. I just ignored them but then it sunk in. Deer hunting is not my favorite hunting but I do love the RFF map and hate to leave it. What's more important to me. The map or bull elk?

I think i'll go for the blacktail and hope the bulls will return to RFF someday. EW can say nothing has changed with the elk spawn. I'm not going for it. Please give us more bulls and don't make them all youngsters. So many young bulls is not natural. Only so many can be born each year. You have the balance wrong.

I love Hunter Classic and i'm not leaving but please give us some elk. It's no fun hiking around all day and not seeing any bulls.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
BCKidd

Re: It Can't be Normal

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, that seems to happen a lot over the past few years on RFF with the Elk. Where they are I don't know, perhaps they slipped into the void or have all been swallowed up by the rivers, but, they certainly seem to be diminished. Cows and young ones, as you say, now roam it without much else in the bull elk department. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

CaplockHunter wrote:Ok, this has been talked to death and complained about but it finally got to me for good.

There's no damn bull elk in RFF. For the last two days i've covered the whole map where elk should be. I've tried my hot spots, Ron's hot spots. Hoo's hot spots. Everybody's hot spots. Plus, areas i've never tried before just in case. No exaggeration. I saw no bulls, heard no bull calls, or saw no tracks. None! I could have killed 100 cows but I don't shoot cows. I like a challenge.

I don't want to hear someone say they shot 10 bulls over 400. I know what I saw and I know it's the truth for me. This can't be normal. I would have given up elk hunting 68 years ago if it was like this. Maybe someone in EW is playing a joke on us. Well, you got me good. I just had a birthday. Was that my present?

So, I started to pull my tents off of RFF and was going back to Timbergold. I don't want to. I don't like the grizz and mountain lions trying to kill me all the time or the wolves spooking the bull I was about to shoot. Not to mention the thick brush and high grass that eliminates going prone. However, it has bulls and i'll put up with it all to hunt for bull elk.

So, as i'm pulling my tents I get a lot of blacktail buck calls. I just ignored them but then it sunk in. Deer hunting is not my favorite hunting but I do love the RFF map and hate to leave it. What's more important to me. The map or bull elk?

I think i'll go for the blacktail and hope the bulls will return to RFF someday. EW can say nothing has changed with the elk spawn. I'm not going for it. Please give us more bulls and don't make them all youngsters. So many young bulls is not natural. Only so many can be born each year. You have the balance wrong.

I love Hunter Classic and i'm not leaving but please give us some elk. It's no fun hiking around all day and not seeing any bulls.
indeed they are rare or young! too bad because I like elk ... maybe you have hunted all the best ...? :lol: :lol: friendly Pat.
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

calamar2000 wrote:
CaplockHunter wrote:Ok, this has been talked to death and complained about but it finally got to me for good.

indeed they are rare or young! too bad because I like elk ... maybe you have hunted all the best ...? :lol: :lol: friendly Pat.

Not having a good day. I entered a blacktail comp. The rules were any revolver under 25m. Easy enough and off I go to find a blacktail. I find one and move in on it. Not a big one but will get me about half way up the list and that's a start. I go ahead and shoot it and of course Doc right away has to tell me I used the wrong gun. The any revolver through me off in the rules and i didn't think about what I was going to use. The only handgun I have is the .454 that I bought for bear charges. We all know it can't be used on deer. I'm not buying another gun for just this comp, so i'm done for today.

Now i'm thinking about the big bulls at Timbergold again. I can do the modern muzzleloader rules with the inline muzzy and conicals and use the .454 on grizz. Nothing to buy. Just go hunt.

Red Feather sure is nice on the eyes. I hate to leave it but I hated to leave RME for RFF when the werewolf thing went on too. I was only supposed to leave it for a week. Maybe it's time to go back. RFF is never going to get elk.

I just want to hunt elk and be left alone. Damn werewolves started all this.
Pete

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

There's no damn bull elk in RFF.
I beg to differ. I just played last days there and there were plenty of them. I played for Holy Cow comp. Just go AROUND the lakes. Also try the far east part of the map and the NWest island in the North. I was needing elk cows and I was keep bumping into elk bucks, at every step! They were calling from all direction, every 20 minutes. Just be patient and if everything I said fails, just take the map and plow it from north to south and east to west. Trust me, they are there. Don't give up.

Keep THIS in mind next time: the Avalanche engine this game is built on is very good when it comes of rendering RANDOMNESS. There is no session to look like the one before.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I have discovered that the days when there are no bull Elk on RFF are always the same days I have forgotten to take my MEDS.
On those days my family avoids me and the Elk do likewise.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:

There's no damn bull elk in RFF.
I beg to differ. I just played last days there and there were plenty of them. I played for Holy Cow comp. Just go AROUND the lakes. Also try the far east part of the map and the NWest island in the North. I was needing elk cows and I was keep bumping into elk bucks, at every step! They were calling from all direction, every 20 minutes. Just be patient and if everything I said fails, just take the map and plow it from north to south and east to west. Trust me, they are there. Don't give up.

Keep THIS in mind next time: the Avalanche engine this game is built on is very good when it comes of rendering RANDOMNESS. There is no session to look like the one before.
Our spawns are never the same. What you see one day is not what I see. I played for hours and covered the whole map where elk are. I understand random but it shouldn't be feast or fathom. Gives us some elk everyday instead of no elk or too many. Although I haven't seen too many for quite a while. I do have a bit of elk hunting experience.

I said a post would be made like yours.
Pete

Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

" A post would be made like mines" ? What do you, exactly, mean ? I don't understand. However, don't take it the wrong way, but I find hard to believe that there are no elk bucks there, no matter how many sessions you play on that map. It's impossible. I never ran into what you are describing, in 10 years of playing on that map.

DanthemanBoone wrote:I have discovered that the days when there are no bull Elk on RFF are always the same days I have forgotten to take my MEDS.
On those days my family avoids me and the Elk do likewise.
LOOOL
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

What I described is what happened.

In 10 years you should have learned a male elk is a bull. A male deer is a buck. Just so you won't keep making that mistake.

I don't want to argue about this. My post was more of a statement than a question of...did it ever happen to you? Read the 3rd paragraph in my first post.
Pete

jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

CaplockHunter, have you tried Whitehart Island at all for Elk hunting? Its a pretty good place for them. When I am doing Roosevelt Elk missions I hunt southern Whitehart or the middle of the upper island, rather than RFF. Pretty reliable spawn for good sized bulls on Whitehart.

Return to “General Chat”