It Can't be Normal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Re: It Can't be Normal

Post by CaplockHunter »

I'm finding elk but I have to play 5-6 hours my time hiking all over the map to find them. There are also way too many young elk. It's not normal to real life elk if that matters to you.

If you want to claim Classic is the most realistic hunting game. You need to make it more like one. Give us more mature bulls with good scores. I don't mind working hard to get a bull but make it worthwhile.

I'd also like to add you need to look at the Competitions. Make them more hunting than ridiculous shooting comps. I know you don't like to hear about cheating so we'll call it to many exploits. Distance comps should be eliminated. Guys shooting small game at 300-400m with bows? 400m rabbit shots with a .22? The distance and weapon choice should be up to the hunter. Always!

You called it the most realistic hunting game. That should include all of it including the comps.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

You are making the same mistake as many others. "The most realistic hunting game" is not a comparison to real life. It is a comparison to all other hunting games. Big difference. Tell me which hunting game is more realistic than theHunter Classic. If there is none, the statement is still 100% true. No point in discussing real life in regards to that slogan.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

Hoo........There has to be something to compare all the hunting games to. They're all hunting games. Hunting is a reality. To call a game the most realistic means it's more realistic to reality than the other games. Otherwise, the statement has no meaning.
Pete

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The statement means that theHunter is the most realistic hunting game (of them all). It has a marketing meaning. The game is so far away from reality that claiming it was like real hunting would be ridiculous.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

it is impossible to find and make a game as realistic as this despite mistakes or the like! that's normal and that's why I admire the design team! we have to be realistic ! ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

HooCairs wrote:The statement means that theHunter is the most realistic hunting game (of them all). It has a marketing meaning. The game is so far away from reality that claiming it was like real hunting would be ridiculous.
You're missing my point. Yes, Classic is the most realistic hunting game compared to the rest of the games but they're all compared to real hunting.

If it was a baseball game wouldn't it be compared to real baseball even though it can't be like the real baseball.

If Classic is to be the best. They all need to be compared to the same thing. That same thing is real hunting.

If I thought that Classic didn't even try to make it as realistic as possible to real hunting and it's just a shooters game to see who can kill the most the fastest. I'd be gone.

We can choose how we want to hunt in Classic. You can make it a shooters game and kill everything you see or you can make it more hunting by turning off all aids and hunt for one specific animal. The devs gave us a choice. That makes me think they want it a hunting game if that's what we want. Don't say it's far removed from hunting if you use every aid and kill everything you see. That was your choice.
Pete

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

If I recall way back when it first came out it was advertised as 'the most realistic hunting game on the web'.
Which was true because at the time it was probably the only HUNTING game online, all the others were still CD based.
"The Most realistic" has only ever been meant to compare its position against other HUNTING games, in its relation to reality.
It was meant to convey the fact that it had more realistic content and was closer to reality than any other ONLINE or web based game.
Its it still true Today?
From what I have observed of newer HUNTING games, including COTW, it would still appear to be an accurate measure of its position in relation to other games.
But then of course , others opinions may Vary.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

Are we hunting or just gaming?

Is Classic a hunting game or just a shooters game that shoots animals as targets?

If you win a competition are you the better hunter or gamer?

If you take two guys and put them head to head to shoot the most elk in one hour. They are both shown how the game works. One is a good gamer who never played a hunting game. The other has never played a video game but is an good real hunter. Who has the best odds to win?
Pete

SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

CaplockHunter wrote:Are we hunting or just gaming?

Is Classic a hunting game or just a shooters game that shoots animals as targets?

Shooter. Because all is predictable at some point with time & experience. Even though in real life animals have their routine also & their prefered spots to hang out, it is way more difficult. That's my opinion only based on experiences in years of playing & real-life hunting.

If you win a competition are you the better hunter or gamer?
Better gamer.

If you take two guys and put them head to head to shoot the most elk in one hour. They are both shown how the game works. One is a good gamer who never played a hunting game. The other has never played a video game but is an good real hunter. Who has the best odds to win?

I will put my money on the gamer. Because the game ain't that hard to learn & is repetitive. The real hunter could have a hard time getting his real-life experience aside to play this game.He will imagine/expect to see similar reactions & situations that he encounters in real-life. But that is not to be.
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

No one wants a hunting game like real hunting. Who wants to hunt all day and see no elk? If you hunt enough those days do come around.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”