It Can't be Normal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: It Can't be Normal

Post by Deconstructed »

jttoo wrote:Deconstructed, what reserve do you think has the best chance for 24+ fox?

I'm mainly hunting BRR for this last part of the mission, as that is where I have generally hunted fox, but 24+ seems pretty rare so far on that reserve.
Just due to animal distribution, size and views I would go with BRR then VdB, I think the score distribution is roughly the same regardless of reserve, just comes down to how easily you can find them.
Michaelairjordan

Post by Michaelairjordan »

Rff use to be my fav map and loaded with great bull elk but I don't know if EW changed the ratio spawn or what but I don't even hunt rff...who knows
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

These changes happened '' suddenly '' one day when they raised the render distance. The balance of this game then took a blow.
I also, liked RFF a lot for big Rose Elks. But not anymore. They have vanished from that reserve.

The render distance changes affected, imo, all EHR. ( in different ways in each reserve )
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

SRV wrote:These changes happened '' suddenly '' one day when they raised the render distance. The balance of this game then took a blow.
I also, liked RFF a lot for big Rose Elks. But not anymore. They have vanished from that reserve.

The render distance changes affected, imo, all EHR. ( in different ways in each reserve )
The Elk changes on RFF predate the render range increase. I posted about a hunt in which I killed 46 Elk on RFF in late 2014 (most downed within 3 hours).

Original thread: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=61388&
Hunt Link: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/deco ... n/42847252

It was within a few months after that the changes were made. EW learning of too much success back then meant changes forthcoming to 'balance' the game.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Balance to EW is pretty different to mine. I've never seen so much good looking elk terrain that's elkless.

I love RFF but i've lost interest in hunting it. TGF is better for elk but i'm not a fan of other things.

I don't know why I missed the 45/70 buffalo gun. I just looked past it and for someone who likes the old way to hunt and classic guns that makes no sense. I won't say anymore here. I'm going to start a thread about it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”