Has the Snakebite loudness changed?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jttoo
Hunter

Has the Snakebite loudness changed?

Post by jttoo »

The snakebite used to be quiet enough to take down everything without spooking nearby animals but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer. Instant kills with the snakebite now spook nearby animals almost all the time.

Anyone else seeing this?
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Re: Has the Snakebite loudness changed?

Post by Mrmr123 »

was it in SP or MP mode? and what animals u was shooting?
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Well, I've been doing a lot of MP games recently, so perhaps that is the difference? The animals were blacktail deer, elk and turkeys. They all spook when something is insta-killed within 20m.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

If you are the host of the MP sessions, things should be fine for you, you can still drop full herd of elk bulls, i just did, as long as the one u are killing is separated a bit from the group like there should be at least 5 meter distance between the guy u are killing and his friends. but if you are the guest in MP, u will be spooking all animals within 50-60 meters no matter what.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Mrmr123 wrote:If you are the host of the MP sessions, things should be fine for you, you can still drop full herd of elk bulls, i just did, as long as the one u are killing is separated a bit from the group like there should be at least 5 meter distance between the guy u are killing and his friends. but if you are the guest in MP, u will be spooking all animals within 50-60 meters no matter what.
Ok, well, that explains that. I was the guest, and quite surprised that my snakebite spooks everything around.

Has it always been like this?

Is this a known bug, or 'feature' of MP? This is certainly a dis-incentive to hunt in MP!
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

I submitted the bug here https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1027845 and it seems it have been reported long time ago but no fix yet. indeed its a turn off to play MP with friends, i dont wanna be the guest and they dont wanna be my guests... :roll:
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I use a gun on purpose. So it will spook everything around.

One kill is plenty.

Yeah yeah Pete, we know. Just like real hunting. Shut up old man.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

CaplockHunter wrote:I use a gun on purpose. So it will spook everything around.

One kill is plenty.

Yeah yeah Pete, we know. Just like real hunting. Shut up old man.
Its all good Pete....most of us enjoy your stories and hearing about your continuing adventure in Classic. Keep em coming.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

jttoo wrote:The snakebite used to be quiet enough to take down everything without spooking nearby animals but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer. Instant kills with the snakebite now spook nearby animals almost all the time.

Anyone else seeing this?
Yep, and it's not just the bows. I use to take out geese on the ground in a field from at least 150m while standing in a tower overlooking the field. I could get about 50 in one session with a simple .22 Plinker. Now, one kill with same wep, spooks them all. Same with .17 HMR, air rifle and all the bows and crossbows.
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

Has it always been like this?
I never thought that the SnakeBite was that silent from its introduction tbh.

The Parker Python though was in the past & imho, way more silent & less '' spookable ''. Not anymore.

Back to the SB, I think you need to find that zone/distance that the animals are '' deaf '' to.
I have no real problem getting pretty much all individual ( if I want & need to ) in a herd/group. ( From TS that is ).
Right now, I am getting the whole herd of Reindeer many times. And I do kill the male first. Females stay there either eating, trotting around & when a shot is possible, she will drop.

From TS & directly under you is not that great '' unspookable '' wise. But if you call them/keep them at a certain distance ( from 25-40m let's say ) you shouldn't spook any around.

Anyway, that's my experience with the bows which I bring 99.5% of the time with me.

Return to “General Chat”