Blacktail Weight?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Blacktail Weight?

Post by CaplockHunter »

I'm going to enter a blacltail comp and it's for the 3 heaviest deer we shoot. I looked everywhere for the max weight they can be and can't find it. WIKI talks about max weight on some of the animals but not blacktail.

So, how heavy can a buck be?

Thanks.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Blacktail Weight?

Post by Fletchette »

The Wiki says 95kg (209 lbs), which from memory sounds about right...

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Animal_Weights
Personal Bests...
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I missed that on WIKI?

Thanks.
Pete

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I decided to enter a RME comp instead. You know me and elk. I'm not that fond of the Timbergold map compared to Red Feather but I do love the Rocky Mountain Elk since it's all i've hunted since I was a young teenager.

The comp is standing with a handgun and more than 30m. The only handgun i have is the .454 which I bought for bear charges. I've never shot an animal at any distance with it. However, it's what I have and i'll use it. So, off I go to TG to a spot I know is pretty good. I measure off 30M in all directions and hope I can get a shot off before the elk gets inside all these places. In comes an elk and it's about 7:30 and still foggy. I say to myself that's a winning bull and don't blow it. I was using the scope for the first time and it's all black and didn't show up well in the fog. I line up a lung shot and it hits where I aim. The bull spins around and takes off. I say to myself...Did you miss dummy? I didn't and 30m later in fell. I walkup to it and it looks better up close. It was and scored a 414. I say that's a winner right there with these rules.

No it wasn't. It was 25.9m. I guess in the fog I measured it wrong to the tree I thought was 30m. Plus, I was in a treestand and forgot to stand up.

Oh well. It will look good in my trophy lodge. Off to try again but I know I won't find another bull like this one.
Pete

CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I was just remined of another reason I stopped hunting on TG.

I have another bull come in and it's not as good as the 1st one but still a pretty good score. Maybe in the 370's or so. He snuc in and was next to the tree. I wait him out and he starts to walk away. Just what I want. My plan is to let him walk past 30m and then turn him around with a call. He walks out to 40m and I call him. He stops and stands there for 30 seconds and then does a circle and starts to walk back to me. I want to shoot before 35M and he's almost there. Then he bolts and is gone followed by a pack of wolves. Ahh yes. I remember now. The wolves.

I'm done and pull out of the comp. I can't deal with silly rules. It's not hunting. It's gaming. I'll just enter comps from now on that are high score, any weapon, and no distance rules. It will be like real hunting but i'll be competing against the other hunters and not the rules. It will also be on RFF.

Way too much wrong with TG for me and having RME doesn't make up for it.
Pete

CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

This thread is useless. Maybe most of mine are.

Mods...............Please delete this thread. It serves no purpose and helps no-one.

Thanks
Pete

Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

.454 can take lung shot at Rocky from side up to 80 meters and even thru front leg about 50 meters. So no need to wait them to get so close to that 30 meters.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I got suspicious when I shot the first bull and only got one lung at only 25m. I did hit the shoulder but even the caplock will bust through a shoulder and both lungs at that range.

No matter. I won't enter any comps that have anything to do with distance again.

Thanks for the info.
Pete

CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

Is it possible to remove an item from the inventory? Even if I paid for it. Can I remove it?
Pete

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=498990827819463
What would you do in this situation. Stick with the trout or try to foulhook The bull elk. Or wish you were still carrying that pistol.
Take more time to consider your options.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”