Tutorial Issues

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
davidcoelho80

Tutorial Issues

Post by davidcoelho80 »

Hey guys how's it going? I started playing this game for the first time today,. I've never gone hunting in real life, but always wanted to learn, so I figured this game would be fun. I started the tutorial, but had to stop after the going to the gun range. I left it on pause but then later shut the game off. When I started again, the game didn't leave me where I left off. The tutorial was over, and I had no idea what to do. I found some icons on the map, I tried running over to them (LONG WAY). I found some tracks on the way, didn't amount to much. Is there a way to restart the tutorial? This game doesn't seem to be the kind of game that you can just pick up and learn along the way, and I don't wanna become disinterested in the game so easily. If there's a way to get a car or something as well, that would be awesome, because the running is (realistically) slow.
BCKidd

Re: Tutorial Issues

Post by BCKidd »

Click on the "Help" from theHunter Launcher or website (where you start your game from)- there you will find the tutorials near the bottom. Hope that helps, and welcome to theHunter Classic game and community forum. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

You don't want to run. It spooks the animals for quite a distance. Walking does too to lesser degree. I crouch walk whenever I move around.

For longer distance travel it's best to get tents. You're allowed 10 tents for each map. You can also move tents from map to map if you don't want to buy too many. Then when you start a new game you can start from any tent you placed on the map. It will spook the animals near the tent wen you do that but they come back pretty fast.

Yu can also fast travel from tent to tent or tent to lodge. It cost some camping supplies to do that. How many depends on how far it is to the tent you want to travel to. The advantage of fast traveling to a tent is it not only doesn't spook the animals but makes them call. I think fast traveling is unrealistic and don't use it but it's very popular and most will use it. Place tents all over the map and you can get anywhere fast. You will have to wait 30 min between fast travels.

One popular method if you want to get to a tent without spooking animals is to pick a tent or lodge close to where you want to end up. Let's say you have and area or treestand you want to start the game at. Start the game at the tent or lodge near where you want to go and then right away fat travel to the tent you wnat to end up on. That way you start the game where you want and don't spook an animals.

There is a Jeep you can buy but it really spooks animals for a long distance. Using tents is a better method and faster too.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the game :)

You should be able to restart the tutorials. They are not very long and you won't lose much progress.

The game is not very difficult. I think the biggest difficulty is how huge it has become on content. I would suggest do the two tutorials, then start in a reserve where you can use your bleat caller (animals to lure see [https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Callers here]) and your .243 rifle, such as Whitehart Island or Logger's Point.

Check out this Wiki page for new players: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/New_Player_Basics
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
meerakht

Post by meerakht »

I am Using tents and its a better method and faster too.
Your Information is right.
thanks for sharing.

Return to “General Chat”