Less laggy shotgun?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
THEOFILOS

Less laggy shotgun?

Post by THEOFILOS »

I should mention that i bought pump at first and then i wanted something with quicker shots inbetween especially for birds/rabbits so i bought drilling combination but it has horrible lag,then i bought blaser (engraved) which i lover her such a beauty but it still has lag not quite drillings though.
So if anyone who has tried them all could suggest me one with the least lag otherwise it doesnt make sense to have 2-3 quick shots if i have this lag its counter productive.
BCKidd

Re: Less laggy shotgun?

Post by BCKidd »

THEOFILOS wrote:I should mention that i bought pump at first and then i wanted something with quicker shots inbetween especially for birds/rabbits so i bought drilling combination but it has horrible lag,then i bought blaser (engraved) which i lover her such a beauty but it still has lag not quite drillings though.
So if anyone who has tried them all could suggest me one with the least lag otherwise it doesnt make sense to have 2-3 quick shots if i have this lag its counter productive.
10 Ga. Lever- very quick with a greater spread and further distance, but the ammo isn't free. Hope that helps. ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Hoosier

Post by Hoosier »

I just recently purchased the 10 ga. Lever action. I was surprised at how quick a follow up shot could be made. I expected it to have a lot more recoil recovery than what it has. As BCKidd stated the ammo is not free but as you get better with aim, you can recover the gm$ with the game you harvest.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

There is also the 12GA side-by-side, which I use a lot for rabbit and pheasant hunting, as you can get off an immediate second shot.
THEOFILOS

Post by THEOFILOS »

Thank you all for the answers!!! Money i dont really care,missions is the way to make + all Greeks we have some huge holes in our pockets anyways :p.Lever actions i avoided them cuz thats what i was playing with for quite a long time in RDR but both the suggestions have very nice engravings its a hard dillema.hmmm
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

20ga is probably the fastest, but a slight power reduction and also no buckshot or slugs available.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The lag could be in your mouse rather than the weapons. I experienced lag with wireless mice and now only use a wired mouse for gaming as i can detect no lag at all.
I also use the 12g semi auto, its very fast and has the free ammo in all three options.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

The lag could also be cause by the pellets impacting something. I get lag when I shoot water with shotgun, this is caused by the impact on water which is then rendered. You can test this by shooting straight up into the sky. If there is still delay on the follow up shots, it's most likely your mouse like Dan pointed out.

If there was only 1 shotgun I could have and it came with free ammo, I would choose Maisto.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
THEOFILOS

Post by THEOFILOS »

I Did some testing yesterday at RFF with an fps counter and what i found is when i aim sights only fps drop from around 112 to 74 and when i shoot (this happens with birdshot only) it farther drops to around 54-58 fps which causes lag for a second but its enough to not be able to make a follow up shot at flying target.
I tried lowering both my screen's and in game refresh rate to even 50k hz but it does nothing.I checked some youtube videos and i see other ppl have this same lag too.I use a wired mouse not the case here.On the sky no lag whatsoever.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I get lag on my shots too. I bought a better gaming mouse and it's no better. I'm not a fan of shooting a gun/bow with the mouse. I wish we could use a controller like a joystick. We would have aim by moving stick left and right and a trigger for shooting. That would be more natural to shooting a real gun.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.

Return to “General Chat”