Starting Over?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jttoo
Hunter

Re: Starting Over?

Post by jttoo »

I have multiple accounts that I play, using different emails through protonmail.

You need to have separate Steam accounts for each email address. Log out of Steam and register the new email address with Steam. Then when you want to play a different account, log out of Steam and log in the different account. Then launch theHunter game. You will want to associate the new email address with theHunter as well.

You should do the tutorials, as they get you equipment.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

You can also get more equipment for your new account by referring to yourself from your previous account:
https://www.thehunter.com/#invite_friends
https://signup.thehunter.com?ref=OldMtnMan

Your new hunter can get: 200 em$, a 5x30mm Rangefinder, a Moose caller and a scent eliminator.

To do this, it takes a bit of work. You need to uninstall theHunter through Steam. Then click the referral web link, re-download and install theHunter game and then enter the new email address. You will need to do this with a new, fresh email address that has not logged into theHunter.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

The reason why I have multiple accounts is that twice now I have tried to make accounts that only harvest GMs to get equipped. Both time I got frustrated by the slow pace and bought 2016 Starter equipment packs for these accounts. Kinda silly, as I now have multiple low skilled hunters that I have spent time on, when I should have just used that time to improve my main account. At one point I was doing the Daily Missions on all three accounts, but ended up giving up on one account due to mission difficulty.

The temptation to try again, and have a GM only account is still there, but so far I am resisting starting over yet again.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I give up. I'm exhausted and will just hunt as OldMtnMan.

What a wasted morning. I managed to screw up my Steam Classic forum. It wants me to install Steam when it's already installed. Groan.....

Don't ever ask me what I think about Steam.

I need to go hunt and cool off.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Now watch my account disappear when i'm hunting. I asked support to delete my content from OldMtnMan account and if they couldn't do that to just delete the whole thing.

I didn't realize how much stuff i've bought until looking at an inventory with no bought content. Man, it's empty. If they take my account there goes all my ems money too. That's my money. What a mess.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:Now watch my account disappear when i'm hunting. I asked support to delete my content from OldMtnMan account and if they couldn't do that to just delete the whole thing.

I didn't realize how much stuff i've bought until looking at an inventory with no bought content. Man, it's empty. If they take my account there goes all my ems money too. That's my money. What a mess.
A mess of your own creation.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

ogruls wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:Now watch my account disappear when i'm hunting. I asked support to delete my content from OldMtnMan account and if they couldn't do that to just delete the whole thing.

Thanks for your understanding Mr Obvious.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

OldMtnMan wrote:
ogruls wrote:

courage my friend and especially not listen to the advice of less than 3 years because they are double! but not all of course and sorry for my English! hunt red deer! interesting !
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

calamar2000 wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:
ogruls wrote:
courage my friend and especially not listen to the advice of less than 3 years because they are double! but not all of course and sorry for my English! hunt red deer! interesting !
I just want a fresh start to hunt like I wanted to do from the beginning but got caught up in the gaming. Especially, the comps. I guess it's not possible to do without me having to spend a lot of the money again. If it can be done at all?

Unless I want to grab the .243 and hunt Loggers for deer. I'm sure a lot of guys do that but it's not very appealing to me. RFF for elk without my Hunter Classic past. Let me start all over and do it right. Anything less and my mind will stay cluttered with what i've done already in Classic.

I'm tempted to go to cotw because I can simply push a button and be at the start again. Classic needs that.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Money is worse than I thought. I found an icon to click on at the top of the page and it shows all the money I spent on buying ems.

$378 :(
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”