Starting Over?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Starting Over?

Post by OldMtnMan »

In COTW it has a button for starting a new game. Push that button and it's just like you started the game for the first time. Everything is wiped out including gear you have. I did it once.

I want to do it in Classic and can't find a way to do it. I'm not happy with myself with the gear i've used, animals i've shot (females), or methods i've used to hunt. I want to start fresh and do it my way that will make me happy. I'm sure nobody cares enough to check what i've been doing and my stats. This is just for me.

I can't find and files to edit out my progress. I can't find any files at all to speak of. Not like other games. Classic seems to hide them all. Steam has a button to remove Classic from my account. I clicked on it and the game disappeared. I thought it was gone for good and started to install it again. While it was installing I see a bar that's telling me the game is already installed in my Library and I could check my stats. I did and there were all my stats. It seems Steam keeps them in what they call Global Stats.. The game finished installing and I had little hope it would be new and it wasn't. It's just as it was before I removed it.

Anybody know of a way to start over fresh? I don't mind buying what I need again. I won't have to buy everything I bought before. I know just what I want now. A gun, ammo, outfit, and a few tents is about it.

Can anybody from EW help?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Starting Over?

Post by Tod1d »

The files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter. But that won't help you, as it's just the launcher & client.
All the data you want to erase is in the database.

The easiest way to do what you want is just create a new game account. Open the launcher & Sign Out (upper right corner). Then create a new account.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Tod1d wrote:The files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\theHunter. But that won't help you, as it's just the launcher & client.
All the data you want to erase is in the database.

The easiest way to do what you want is just create a new game account. Open the launcher & Sign Out (upper right corner). Then create a new account.
I looked in the first example before starting this thread. There were some files in there but like you said. No help.

The second way by signing out. I would have to be a new name right? No problem with that. I don't imagine it would affect this forum except the name wouldn't match. If I do this would you change my name here to match my game name?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

OldMtnMan wrote:The second way by signing out. I would have to be a new name right? No problem with that. I don't imagine it would affect this forum except the name wouldn't match. If I do this would you change my name here to match my game name?
Yes, it would have to be a new, unique name. But it could be as simple as OldMtnMan2, OleMtnMan...
You don't have to change your forum account. But if you want to, drop a message to support. I don't have admin privilege's.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I was afraid of what happened would happen. It wouldn't let me use the same email to sign up twice. For too many reasons to explain. I can't have two emails.

I got stopped at the first roadblock.

I'll have to edit my OldMtnMan game the best I can. I can delete my pictures. How about the trophy's? Can they be deleted?

I don't suppose there's any way to delete any of my stats or all of them for that matter?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Use a free email service like www.protonmail.com. Very easy to have multiple email addresses there.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

jttoo wrote:Use a free email service like http://www.protonmail.com. Very easy to have multiple email addresses there.
Ok, I signed up. I have a 2nd mail now.

Let's see if I can open another game account.

I'll be OldHunter
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm baffled.

I tried everything and can't get the new name/account to come up with a desktop launcher icon. The only way I can get to my new account (ElkHunter) is to click on desktop launcher and get OldMtnMan account to open. I then have to log out and login to ElkHunter. I'm not going to do that everytime.

How can I get the ElkHunter account a desktop icon or make it my main account so it comes up with my present launcher?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Hmm i think if you message support, you can ask them to wipe out your old account? so you can start playing fresh on there? or if thats not possible, then maybe ask them to completely delete your old account from there Database, then you sing up again with same email and username?

I am not sure if this will work, but it might be worth a try to send support an email.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I have to buy groceries now. I'll try that when I get back.

Thanks.

It sure is a shock to see me back at the beginning. No rank, skills, and or inventory. Doc trying to get me to try the tutorials. :mrgreen:
Last edited by OldMtnMan on November 6th, 2021, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”