Starting Over?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Brutus969
Scout

Re: Starting Over?

Post by Brutus969 »

You're an absolute maso-chist for wanting to start over lol
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

OldMtnMan wrote:Money is worse than I thought. I found an icon to click on at the top of the page and it shows all the money I spent on buying ems.

$378 :(
Hey Pete! Just make sure you send a couple more emails to support to make sure they know not to delete either your content or your account. Doubling up on communications in this case seems perfectly valid; and make sure you put a link to this thread in your emails to help explain your predicament. They're a very helpful group and aren't looking to punish anyone for their mistakes. Nothing will happen until at least Monday when they get back to work. You should be fine. ;) Jimbo.
CAMuleyMan
Tracker

Post by CAMuleyMan »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'm baffled.

I tried everything and can't get the new name/account to come up with a desktop launcher icon. The only way I can get to my new account (ElkHunter) is to click on desktop launcher and get OldMtnMan account to open. I then have to log out and login to ElkHunter. I'm not going to do that everytime.

How can I get the ElkHunter account a desktop icon or make it my main account so it comes up with my present launcher?
You need a new steam account aswell most likely as it saves your old login info
Yeah, I'm that guy that hunts mule deer :D
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm going to leave it to fate. I sent the original message asking to delete the content but let me keep what i've bought with ems. I did say if you can't delete the whole thing but they know what I prefer.

Then I sent a 2nd message after I found out how much i've spent asking to forget the whole deal. Being retired I lose track of days and didn't realize it was Sat.

Whatever happens i'm ok with it. It's not like i'll spend that much money again to get what I want now. I bought a whole bunch of stuff that i'd never buy now. Like the Jeep as one example and a lot of the weapons.

If they don't delete anything i'll figure out what to do. I have sort of a plan.

My dad was a pro boxer and would punish me and my brother by making us go in the ring in our cellar with him for 3 rounds. Being kids we were always in the ring. He taught us to never ever brag in any form. Never talk about a kill or take pictures. If he saw the game pictures and trophy's i'd be doing 10 rounds. Of course he taught us both how to box, so he wasn't just beating on us. He took it easy when we were young and as we got older the punches got harder and harder. I was 18 before I felt the full power of his punches. Man, he could punch! When I was 21 he finally admitted I was hitting hard and he felt it good. I went on to do some amateur fights. That was fun but I liked racing formula cars better and went that way.

I mentioned that because I know better than to fool with pics ad trophy's. I need to get rid of them. Pics are easy to get rid of. No idea how to do the trophy's. This is why i thought getting rid of the whole deal would be best.

I actually have another account up and working. The problem is I have to log out of OldMtnMan and into ElkHunter everytime. Maybe it's the best plan. Log onto in the morning and leave it running all day. I don't know if anybody else would see it but that doesn't really matter. I won't be entering any comps on it. I could use it for a week and see how it works out. If it does then i can ask support to delete OldMtnMan completely. If it gone then ElkHunter has to come up with the desk launcher icon.

I rattled on again.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Years ago before the game went Free to play I made a second account (Guest accounts were free ) to test how far a player could get without spending any real money. Once I proved to myself it was feasable to hunt for free I wrote a Tutorial and published it in the hunter Wiki.
I still have it, and sure I have to sign out of my main account and sign back into the other, but Its not really a problem. My Grandson uses it occasionly to join a hunt with me.

I did missions to gain gms to purchase equipment and buy the single shot shotgun (which had to be bought back then). Once I had the 12g I was able to hunt Elk and buy an elk caller. Now you get the 243 and free ammo. Go to the store and Buy the single shot 12g shotgun (it does not actually cost anything) and you will have the 3 types of 12g ammo for free. Then you can do a few mule or whitetail missions to buy an elk caller, or just hunt Elk without a caller, and get right back into it again. The 12g slugs will deal to any Bull elk or Bear that gets within 50 or 60 yards of you. Not difficult to achieve in Whitehart, Settlers, Redfeather or Timbergold.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

This is the way i'll hunt from now on Dan. I did do it some in the past but swayed off it too much. Not a lot to buy but it has to be bought. I don't mind buying it again.

Rules for 1840 hunting.

Bull Elk only.
No shot over 40m.
Must wear buckskins (Trapper Outfit) with no scarf or face paint.
Caplock with no scope.
No tree stand, tripod, ground blind. tower etc. On the ground. You can use a boulder.
No calling.
No scent eliminator.
No Urine scent.
Wind checker. (This is allowed. It's similar to throwing some grass in the air)
Trapper binos only. (no range finder)
1 shot at 100%
No fast travel at all.
No Huntermate, except to claim a kill. Use the map.
Have fun.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I also have a modern muzzleloader version to simulate hunting in todays times.

Everything the same as 1840, except these changes.

Inline muzzleloader can be used.
Conical ammo for elk.
Scope or open sights can be used. Hunters choice.
B&C camo can be worn.

All the animals in RFF can be hunted with these two hunting packages. It is hunting in it's purist forms.

Moose, bear, and elk can be hunted with caplock or inline with conical ammo.
Deer can be hunted with caplock and inline with ammo other than conicals.

I use caplock for everything but moose. I use inline/conical for those guys.

1..With no aids you have three ways to hunt. Sit on a hill and glass. Then stalk in close for the shot.
2..Sneak around trying to see the animals before they see yo and sneak in for shot.
3...Sneak around and listen for a call from animal. Sneak into sound of call and take the shot. Remember...no Huntermate to locate call.

You see the same pattern with all methods. You sneak into animal. You don't bring it to you. No tricks. Just you with your senses and the animal with their senses working at 100%. The one who does it's best wins. The hunter wins with no long shots or tricks to make the animal think you sound or smell like them. The animal should never know you're there. Hunt like a cat.

It's not easy hunting but so rewarding when you get it right. I'll say it's harder in game than real life. The animal senses seem a bit better than they should be in game. So, you have a right to be proud when you get it right.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Hey Pete!!

If you decide to start a new account after all, create the second email and Steam account first, but don't create the new TheHunter account yet. Then send the new email an invitation from your existing TheHunter account to join TheHunter Classic, and accept that invitation from the new email. Then create the new account in TheHunter and when you purchase 5000em$ in the new TheHunter account, your old account will receive an engraved .308, a two man treestand, and a caller I think, among other things. The program is called "Recruit a Friend," and here is the link: https://www.thehunter.com/#invite_friends

Basically it sends a link to your new email address and you click on the link to start the process of creating a new account with your new email address. Then your old account will get some rewards when you buy em$. The new account receives some em$ too I think.

I've never done this myself but it was recently changed / fixed in August of this year so I believe it should work. Hopefully others can add information to this post. However, you must use the invitation link sent to your new email to create the new account in TheHunter. An existing account that you have already created will not work.

And by the way, I don't think you need to have a different Steam Account, I just think you have to unlink your old account from Steam, and then link your new account to Steam. You can only have one TheHunter account linked to your Steam account at a time though. You can link and unlink any number of TheHunter accounts to a single Steam account, but each TheHunter account must have a unique email address... if you should happen to decide to create a new one.... ;) Jimbo

If this is all too confusing you can PM me and I will explain in detail how to manage these things and still keep what you have already purchased, while adding a second account that is brand new.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Not confusing Jimbo but it may not be needed now. Something happened a few hours ago that will change things.

My whole family now is my dog. His name is Buddy but I call him Bud. He's a pit bull and weighs 100 lbs. He loves everybody and has to say hi whenever he see's someone. Even if they're complete strangers. We're together 24 hours a day. I honestly think i'd give up my life for him. I know he would for me and has proved that already with wild animals and one guy. ( i'll let that one be with no explanation)

So, I took him out for his normal dump and he's happy and playful as we walk along a trial near where I live. There's always a lot of deer in that area. They don't bother us and we don't bother them. I taught Bud as a pup to leave deer alone and he does. So, we're walking along and I see a doe up ahead off the trail a few yards. No big deal we'll walk by like we always do. If she was with a fawn I would have given her a lot more room. I know she wasn't. She was really staring us down as we approached. I pulled Bud to one side of the trail to put more room between us and the doe. As we got closer she freaked out leaned back on her hind legs and started to beat on Bud with her front hoofs. It knocked him silly it happen so fast. He was about to attack her and I pulled him back. She was now looking at me and started to walk towards me. I looked around and saw a part of a branch I could use as a club. Mean while Bud is growling and trying to get at her. I had the club now and as she approached I wacked her in the head. Then Bud lunged at her. That was enough and she bolted.

I'm not sure what went on with her but that's not normal. Could have been CWD. Really ***** me off that Bud got hurt. He has a deep cut on the top of his head. I can shrug off being attacked. I can't when it's Bud. I'm ***** and will be for a long time I would have found that deer and shot it but i'd just get in trouble. I will be better prepared on the trail from now on.

What does this have to do with Hunter Classic? You can probably guess. I need to hunt for deer to feel a little better. Normally, it would be bucks only. However, the way I feel does aren't safe. I want to stay on RFF and i'm not a fan of the southern part of the map. Blacktails are what's at the northern part and I like it up there. Don't get me wrong. I'm not going to go blasting all the deer I see as revenge. I'll give them respect and I still might not shoot the does. I just want to hunt for deer for a while. Until I cool off and I know Bud is ok.

I'll just stay as OldMtnMan to hunt the blacktails. I don't want to spend any money and I have all I need right now. I don't have the perfect deer rifle. I'll just use the .300 mag. It will cover all situations and bear too. I'll pack some bow for the close stuff too. So, that's where you can find me now. I hope I cool off fast to enjoy the hunting there.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, i'm over it. I'm not one to ever hold a grudge. Nothing is that important. Bud is ok. I put a few stitches in his head and he's his old goofy happy self.

However, I have a right for protection. If a bear attacked me I could shoot it in national forest which is where we were. That deer needs to be put down. It could attack some who can't defend themselves.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”