Question about werewolf weapons

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Question about werewolf weapons

Post by Tod1d »

For the missions, they could make it a lot easier by just specifying the ammo rather than the weapon. (Exception being when 1 specific weapon is required).
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

JimboCrow wrote:All missions need to be updated to include all weapons that are just reskins, no matter what the difference!!! If they use the same ammo, they should count for the same missions. Period. Full stop. Smarten up ew, this is way, way overdue. Holy crap on a cracker, you"re trying to make friends, not enemies!!!!!

This game finds more ways to grab money. The way i'm going this is going to be the most expensive game I play. It may even pass up iRacing which is known to be very expensive to race.

I wonder if the devs are aware in the real world we use arrows/broadheads way more than once?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

OldMtnMan wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:All missions need to be updated to include all weapons that are just reskins, no matter what the difference!!! If they use the same ammo, they should count for the same missions. Period. Full stop. Smarten up ew, this is way, way overdue. Holy crap on a cracker, you"re trying to make friends, not enemies!!!!!

This game finds more ways to grab money. The way i'm going this is going to be the most expensive game I play. It may even pass up iRacing which is known to be very expensive to race.

I wonder if the devs are aware in the real world we use arrows/broadheads way more than once?
I don't think that's fair. Once upon a time this game was indeed a pure money sink. To play it you needed to pay monthly subscription (i.e. hunting license) and in addition to that you needed to also buy all the weapons with real money. But nowadays it's pretty fair f2p game. You can obtain all what you need by just playing the game. Yes you could speed up your progress by spending some real money in the game, but it's should be expected in f2p game. They need to make money somehow.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

herajika wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:

I don't think that's fair. Once upon a time this game was indeed a pure money sink. To play it you needed to pay monthly subscription (i.e. hunting license) and in addition to that you needed to also buy all the weapons with real money. But nowadays it's pretty fair f2p game. You can obtain all what you need by just playing the game. Yes you could speed up your progress by spending some real money in the game, but it's should be expected in f2p game. They need to make money somehow.
I am 100% in favor of EW making money herajika, and specifying certain weapons for certain missions is a valid way to encourage purchases; but in this case it ends up feeling like they're double-dipping. The Wolfsbane handgun is just one of three identical single shot .308 handguns, and probably sells more than the other two combined because of the Halloween event. Good job EW!! But then when you find out it's useless for regular .308 handgun missions, well that just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. This just doesn't make sense to me. Why would you risk upsetting the customers you already have by trying to widen the area under your net when fishing for more sales? Why not sweeten the deal instead, by making every different type of reskin valuable in the number of missions that reskin family is used in?... and make every weapon more desirable by increasing the number of missions that require reskin families overall?

For example, some reskin weapons are only required for very few missions. They should expand existing mission requirements by modifying more of them to require a family of reskins, especially those missions that are the most valuable. Some high paying final missions don't even have a weapon criterion whatsoever, and to me that just seems like a missed opportunity. What better time to sell a reskin than a high paying mission? ALL high paying missions should all have an ammo or a weapon criterion, simply because there shouldn't just be free-for-nothing rewards. And if reskins always counted for the original weapon in all other missions, as I said earlier, in the end everybody wins. That seems fair doesn't it? It would encourage more sales because in the back of your mind you know you can use that weapon to complete all those other missions as well. SOLD!!! Unique weapon missions should still exist but be limited to truly unique weapons, like the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader, which incidentally is a very good buy because it pays back very well with lots of missions requiring it! Make the missions pay for themselves by marketing weapons, and you still reduce the bad taste of buyer's remorse because there is no remorse to be had. Fix the missions EW, and you'll see the benefits of doing so, I promise. Jimbo

(P.S.>>> Make your reskins so attractive that they sell themselves, like the Muddy Girl, and they will sell. Just price them right, that's all. The right price will sell way more of a product than the best looking baited hook, believe me!!! Jim )
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”