Question about werewolf weapons

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
jttoo
Hunter

Question about werewolf weapons

Post by jttoo »

Anyone know whether the Wolfsbane .308 can be used in the missions that call out the Rival or Highwayman handgun?

The Red deer mission "On The Arrogance Of Deer" states "Harvest a Red Deer using a .308 "Rival" Handgun from under 30 meters (approx. 98 ft.)." There is also the Hirschfelden Mission 10 that mentions the Rival or Highwayman, and the 10th Brown bear mission that names the Rival.

I would hope it would qualify, but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't since the "Rival" is specifically mentioned.

Also, anyone prefer the handgun over the crossbow pistol for the werewolves? I bought the crossbow expecting them to be harvestable eventually due to the bleed out of arrows/bolts, but boy do they take a LONG time to bleed out. I had one werewolf that I eventually tracked down after a body shot, and it took 29 minutes for it to bleed out. I ended up giving up on tracking or waiting on any body shots, and would simply move on the the next one, and then go back and reengage the body-shot werewolf once they calmed down and were aggressive again.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Question about werewolf weapons

Post by OldMtnMan »

You need two holes to bleed out fast with a bow. Are you getting a pass through with the xbow pistol?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Not often Pete, I'm a pretty lousy shot with these fast evasive critters. I'm just happy when I hit them at all, so I don't get knocked down.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I tried hunting today for elk. I'd go fast from the tent to a treestand and try and call in an elk. I couldn't see much unless it was really close. I had a lot of werewolves come to the tree but get bored fast and leave. I only had one bull come in but it was only a 250 or so, so I didn't shoot it. That's my whole werewolf experience.

I did watch a video by Ron about werewolves and they do come in fast and more than one at a time. The auto shotgun fires 3 slugs as fast as you can pull the trigger and would be good for werewolves if it had silver ammo. The weapons they have setup for werewolves is chosen to make you die. It's pretty unfair.

It's hard enough killing a charging grizz and they're just one at a time. In Ron's video it showed a werewolf zig zagging as it charged in. Good luck shooting that one.
Last edited by OldMtnMan on October 30th, 2021, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Tobi_1989

Post by Tobi_1989 »

So... Does the Wolfsbane count as Rival in terms of mission requirements or not? The discussion seems to veer off to another direction
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

With some further searching of the forums, it appears that it doesn't qualify for those missions.

Figures...now I own an overly expensive weapon that is less effective than the wolfsbane crossbow pistol, as at least with the silver bolts they would eventually bleed out. Oh well, this certainly won't be the last mistake I've made in purchasing ineffective weapons.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

I remember I had to buy Rival because Wolfsbane one did not work for some mission, but I don't remember which exact mission (I have competed all three mentioned in the 1st post).

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

All missions need to be updated to include all weapons that are just reskins, no matter what the difference!!! If they use the same ammo, they should count for the same missions. Period. Full stop. Smarten up ew, this is way, way overdue. Holy crap on a cracker, you"re trying to make friends, not enemies!!!!!
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

It doesn't work for any mission that specify "Rival" handgun. Or at least it's true for both Red deer and Brown bear. I haven't completed third one, but I don't think it's different from other two.
herajika
Tracker

Post by herajika »

I agree with JimboCrow. Both Wolfsbane pistol and Red dragon bow should be allowed for missions for .308 and Parker bow. Because they're just reskins. Yes model for Red dragon is a little different, but so is model for .44 magnum for example and that gun is completely exchangable with regular .44 for missions.

Return to “General Chat”