I'm Curious [real hunters & werewolves]

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BCKidd

Re: I'm Curious [real hunters & werewolves]

Post by BCKidd »

OldMtnMan wrote:I probably never would have tried Red Feather elk hunting if it wasn't for the werewolf thing. So, I got something out of it. I really like Red Feather and i'll be hunting there for awhile. Even though the elk is different the rest of the animals are closer to Colorado than TG is. Even the terrain is like lower altitude Colorado. I hunt it a lot when high altitude is too deep in snow. The wide spacing of trees is perfect for still hunting.

So, i'm a happy camper again.
Good to know. I agree RFF is a probably one of my fav reserves in the game, it is a great place to hunt. No, it isn't quite like TgTs, but for a week you got this. Keep smilin'. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

jttoo wrote:
mel_o_mel wrote:You can manage the mayhem a bit by packing a blind/stand with you and getting in it when you hear the werewolf getting ready to attack.
Doesn't that spook them away? I have tried using the tripod stand and they get spooked when that gets set up.
I had the same experience with the tripod, but in this instance I was using it to keep the werewolves away while I listened for deer or elk calls that were far enough away that I could place the stand and then call them in. (I could have won the mule deer comp with the .44, but I didn't check the comps until it was too late and took a 216 buck with my bow)

Then yesterday a friend showed me how to use a duck blind in multiplayer to stop a werewolf's charge. If one person enters the blind while the beast is charging it will stand up and get stuck. Sometimes it's only for a few seconds, but usually the other player has enough time to walk up to it and "try" to drop it with one shot. If you don't hit the brain or heart it's still going to run off, but you'll save yourself a small fortune in med kits. I tried this last night in single player and it works, but the werewolf doesn't always stand up or get stuck. I think you need to wait until they are pretty close to you before you enter the blind the they will usually stand and be frozen in place briefly. You will have just enough time to get a quick shot off before they run off. Your chances of killing a werewolf are much better if you let the beast charge you, but this method allows you to move around the reserve and look for skulls and other animals without getting mauled as much. And, of course, using the crossbow pistol helps keep the noise down if you're looking to hunt other animals.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

OldMtnMan wrote:I probably never would have tried Red Feather elk hunting if it wasn't for the werewolf thing. So, I got something out of it. I really like Red Feather and i'll be hunting there for awhile. Even though the elk is different the rest of the animals are closer to Colorado than TG is. Even the terrain is like lower altitude Colorado. I hunt it a lot when high altitude is too deep in snow. The wide spacing of trees is perfect for still hunting.

So, i'm a happy camper again.
This makes me smile :)
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

:D
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm a hunter and a gamer and have been both for all of my life. For a hunting game, I prefer a sim over a game. Hunting is my favorite hobby and one that I rely on to fill my freezer and keep my head clear. That said, I can't hunt in the real world all the time. A mostly realistic hunting sim definitely helps me fill in the gaps when real seasons are closed, tags are filled, weather/health is limiting, etc. Plus I'm limited enough financially that I can't really travel to hunt at the moment. I can't even manage a hunting trip across the US, so out of the country certainly isn't going to happen anytime soon. This game let's me hunt whatever I want, wherever I want, whenever I want, and by any means I want. I can play it as realistically or not as I desire at any time, and that's awesome. I can hunt animals I will probably never see in real life and that's awesome. I get to travel to places I'll likely never go in the real world. Again, awesome.

But it's still a game. It's not filling my freezer, and it's not filling my tags. I have no trouble recognizing it as such. So it's not difficult for me to do the unrealistic-- shoot animals with calibers I'll probably never use in real life, take longer bow shots than I ever would, pile up bodies at the base of a treestand, make a bad shot on an animal and not bother to pursue it, etc. It's a game. So while I care to a point, I certainly don't care enough to do things as I always would in real life. And that doesn't bother me.

While I love realistic, I do also enjoy a bit of fantasy and I really enjoy holidays. I think it's awesome to see short themed events in videogames for the holidays. I really enjoy hunting the werewolves for a few days because it's just that, a few days. If I get the urge the hunt realistically, there's eleven other locations in the pixelated world for me to pick from. But I won't, because I don't have the time. After all, Maryland's bear season ended yesterday, fall turkey starts today and the real world pre-rut is turning on in my area. I'm happy if I get to participate at all in any given event.

Maybe it's because I do have that option to grab my gear and go out in the woods any time I want that a little bit of unrealistic sprinkled in here and there in the game doesn't bother me. Or maybe it's because I have different expectations for a videogame than I do for the real world. Either way, I enjoy most of the events.
chuck121

Post by chuck121 »

Hi i'm new to this werewolf hunting and I've seen alot of video's where they basically just charge right at them. What's up with that is it just my setting's are different or do they use headphone's to hear where there coming from? Thank's
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

chuck121 wrote:Hi i'm new to this werewolf hunting and I've seen alot of video's where they basically just charge right at them. What's up with that is it just my setting's are different or do they use headphone's to hear where there coming from? Thank's
That is precisely what is happening. Headphones definitely help because you can quickly turn left and right until you know exactly where they are coming from even before you see them. If you have a pair of headphones, even cheap ones, try them and you'll be much sharper in the fight!! Good Luck!!
Maxmunger8
Spotter

Post by Maxmunger8 »

OldMtnMan wrote:Just wondering. Are there any real hunters here that are hunting the werewolves?

If you are. What do you want from a hunting game? Game/arcade or sim?

A turkey hunter here. Honestly I logged into my account and just went on to Timbergold to look at the decorations at the lodge, after that I left. I never saw a werewolf or collected one skull. I like the way that the game is set up now, I wouldn't want to change it.

Take care,

Max
Why do you wear pink camo? Are you going to hunt flamingos? - Anonymous
chuck121

Post by chuck121 »

ok thank's alot for the reply, I'll get some

Return to “General Chat”