Update

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
finnist2

Re: Update

Post by finnist2 »

its the same every year always a few that wants to cry about it
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

nachthexe wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I have no desire to try another map since the RME are only on Timbergold. It's all I hunt because it simulates my real hunting. That's the only reason I play Classic. I have no interest in the rest of it.
Why don't you give the Roosevelt Elk a chance on the Falls maps in the east?
I too suggest you try hunting Roosevelt Elk Pete. Whitehart Island is the first map ever made and it's still one of the very best. It was created to represent the Pacific Northwest in August, in the pre-rut. It's a true gem.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

JimboCrow wrote:
nachthexe wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I have no desire to try another map since the RME are only on Timbergold. It's all I hunt because it simulates my real hunting. That's the only reason I play Classic. I have no interest in the rest of it.
Why don't you give the Roosevelt Elk a chance on the Falls maps in the east?
I too suggest you try hunting Roosevelt Elk Pete. Whitehart Island is the first map ever made and it's still one of the very best. It was created to represent the Pacific Northwest in August, in the pre-rut. It's a true gem.
I'll mess around with other hunting but I know as soon as TG is back to normal i'll be back there.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

finnist2 wrote:its the same every year always a few that wants to cry about it
13 posts in 3 years? Lucky for us.

btw...... Are you crying about my thread?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, so they won't come after me in a treestand.

How about the lighting? I only tried the TG map once after the werewolf started. I didn't join the mission.
Even though I had set the time to 8am it was 4:15am when entering map and dark of course. I couldn't see a thing. Will the time advance and get to daytime lighting?

I can use a treestand and not have to deal with being attacked by werewolves all the time but I need daylight to hunt for elk.

I'll have to buy a bunch of first-aid to keep hunting. I'll get nailed when claiming the elk and i'm not going to buy the weapons and ammo to kill the werewolves. So, i'll die a lot but at least i'll be hunting for elk. I'll try to kill the elk close to the treestand so I can get in and out of the treestand fast claiming the elk.

So, how about the lighting?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

The time won't advance and it will stay dark. You can still hunt the elk if you are willing to dodge the werewolves. Just use your treestand and call them to you. You can turn the gamma and brightness up in the game settings and on your monitor and use the yellow glasses to help you see better.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yeah, I just tried it. I see the time stays at 4:15. So much for better lighting. I had one werewolf at the base of the tree. It seemed upset it couldn't get to me. I shot it with the .300 mag to see what affect it would have. No affect at all but did get me a message from Doc telling me I need to spend money for the proper weapon. Not going to happen Doc.

I'll go hunt for mule deer on Loggers until the werewolves have had their fill of you guys.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I tried Redfeather for elk. Not too bad. Terrain is easier to hunt than TG. I killed one small bull to get a closer look at the Roosevelt. I never hunted for them in real life but I wanted to. I kept putting it off and it became too late.

I still like TG and RME hunting better and i'm sure i'll go back to it when I can.

One thing happened in Redfeather that will help me when I get back to TG. As a lot of you know I like to hunt the old traditional way. I don't use and aids including treestands. Something happened in Redfeather that might change that. On the map there's a tower right on the edge of the river. I went to check it out and it's not a tower at all but a handmade wooden treestand. It got me thinking. There's no reason a hunter in the 1800's couldn't have looked at a tree and said he could hunt from there. No reason he couldn't have built a stand out of wood.

I might just use a treestand in my traditional hunting. I couldn't carry it with me but it would have to be put in the tree and left there. No problem. I can do that. I can't wait to get back to hunting TG to see how it works out. It will be easier hunting than hiking until my boots are worn out. :lol:
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

After hunting Redfeather more i'm loving it. It's perfect for still hunting. No stands needed. I can do all my hunting from the ground. Animals and terrain are closer to Colorado than TG.

I'll be hanging out on Redfeather for awhile. I even entered a competition to get to know the lay of the land. Good fun so far.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Yay Pete!

Do you avoid using the elk caller to make it more lifelike?

Return to “General Chat”