Update

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ogruls
Outfitter

Re: Update

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:I have no desire to try another map since the RME are only on Timbergold. It's all I hunt because it simulates my real hunting. That's the only reason I play Classic. I have no interest in the rest of it.
Bet you Colorado doesn't have a 51 week open elk season like classic does...................................just another way to think about, Elk season opens in 7 days time!!!!!!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

ogruls wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I have no desire to try another map since the RME are only on Timbergold. It's all I hunt because it simulates my real hunting. That's the only reason I play Classic. I have no interest in the rest of it.
Bet you Colorado doesn't have a 51 week open elk season like classic does...................................just another way to think about, Elk season opens in 7 days time!!!!!!
Elk season was over in Sept for me if I was still hunting. (muzzy/bow) Rifle seasons are a zoo and I always avoided them as I got older.

That's the advantage of the game. I can hunt every day of the year.

I don't know why they couldn't have put the werewolves in just the mission? Why spoil the map for the rest of us who like to keep the hunting real?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:
ogruls wrote:
Elk season was over in Sept for me if I was still hunting. (muzzy/bow) Rifle seasons are a zoo and I always avoided them as I got older.

That's the advantage of the game. I can hunt every day of the year.

I don't know why they couldn't have put the werewolves in just the mission? Why spoil the map for the rest of us who like to keep the hunting real?
Would go give Redfeather a try for a week, get after them Black bears and try out the Roos Elk, has more coniferous forest than TG. Circles good places to start for them.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm working on my log term goal of 1000 RME bulls. Plus, i'm trying to get as high as possible on the leaderboard. Plus, of course the competitions that I enter.

I'm supposed to give all that up for werewolves. What's next? Zombies? I thought they wanted to make this a realistic hunting sim?

I'm fed up with this childish crap.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

OldMtnMan wrote:What's next? Zombies?
Now there's an idea! The Walking Dead zone!

A multiplayer PVP zone loaded with zombies that can only be killed with headshots, as well as other players hunting each other! If any player uses a rifle they will get swarmed by zombies, so slow and quiet is the only way to hunt.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

You're not helping.

I'm thinking of hunting for deer. Muley just has Loggers and TG. Whitetail has more maps to learn. I may do the whitetail for awhile and give the elk a rest.

Probably more longer shots than TG. I have the .300 mag but it seems like overkill for such a small animal. Maybe i'll buy a .270. I owned one and did hunt deer with it. So, i'd be sticking with simulating my real hunting. The maps are wrong but I can look past that. We really don't have a Colorado map. I did hunt for whitetail in Mass as a kid and muley in Colorado. Probably did as much as elk hunting.

Now that I typed it out I like the idea. I'll hunt for whitetail for awhile.

Werewolves are all yours. Don't get eaten.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

I did couple hunts, bagged like 20 werewolfs and it gets old real fast. They are easy to kill and even easier to avoid if you're just looking for skulls or specific color WW. So far Iv noticed that in 1 year the devs came up with annoying repetive dialogue, a reskin and slightly different mission pack. werewolf spawn numbers seem higher and denser too.

I wish this event would be OPTIONAL. If I want to play timbergold during this event, I'm forced to do it with the event conditions. "It's just for a week, suck it up, play something else" - If the controls were inverted for everyone for a week, imagine the outrage.

"Can't please everyone" is right most of them time but if there were a parallel TGT for the event or the ability to add 4:15 as starting time (which would lock the time obviosly) I would dare to say everyone would be happy. Start a normal TGT with 6-18 time or event TGT with 4:15.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

OldMtnMan wrote:You're not helping.

I'm thinking of hunting for deer. Muley just has Loggers and TG. Whitetail has more maps to learn. I may do the whitetail for awhile and give the elk a rest.

Probably more longer shots than TG. I have the .300 mag but it seems like overkill for such a small animal. Maybe i'll buy a .270. I owned one and did hunt deer with it. So, i'd be sticking with simulating my real hunting. The maps are wrong but I can look past that. We really don't have a Colorado map. I did hunt for whitetail in Mass as a kid and muley in Colorado. Probably did as much as elk hunting.

Now that I typed it out I like the idea. I'll hunt for whitetail for awhile.

Werewolves are all yours. Don't get eaten.
Take a deep breath Pete. It will all be ok. It will all be back to the way it was in a week.

You should be able to use still hunting for deer. The other maps are not as open as loggers and might be a better choice for you. I'd loan you my .30-30 if I could. Oh, and don't forget about my beautiful blacktail. Northern Whitehart Island is mostly pretty dense woodland with some nice meadows scattered about.

Cheers -- Keep your powder dry.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

OldMtnMan wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:So, it was the werewolf baloney I downloaded?

I asked in another thread about the werewolves. Will I be dealing with them if i'm not in the mission?
If you want to avoid the werewolves then do not play on TGT during this event.
It's all I hunt on. I'm supposed to take that time off because of some childish mission. That, or spend money buying a gun and ammo I don't want but is needed to kill werewolves?

If this is true. I'm ready to kick Classic to the curb. You can't force me to do something I don't want to.
completely agree with you and I am insulted by novices !!! very funny !
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I see a competition going on at TG for elk. How in the world can they hunt in that werewolves lighting at 4 am?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”