Dis not get mission GM'S

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
buckmaster1211
Spotter

Re: Dis not get mission GM'S

Post by buckmaster1211 »

Dubitabilus wrote:Hi kidrock1211,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you did not "spot" the lynx that you have harvested.
"Spotting" an animal means looking at an animal long enough to get the Score and Weight of an animal (see below for examples).
Usually, this means getting close enough for your avatar to "highlight" the animal (see the top picture) and the information pop-up in the top-right corner appears.

Thanks to curlyCoyote for providing wonderful examples of the "spotting skill"
< Original Topic: The greatest hunt of them all. >

< https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Spotting_Skill >
I watched one for more than 20 any longer and there gone!seconds from less than 100 yards away I can't remember how long on the other one both were shot with a scop[e impossible to say I did not spot one when I shot 2 What I need is a place where I can report this is it to steam or where a link a number an e-mail will do! If it says it was not sotted that's a glitch in the game CLEARLY it was spotted and shot!
buckmaster1211
Spotter

Post by buckmaster1211 »

RickC wrote:
kidrock1211 wrote: My name in the game is buckmaster1211 I know what I shot not 1 but 2 "FEMALE Lynx" Both with the 243 legal kills yet I never got my gms! I used the electric caller I don't have a bobcat caller and I bought a another 765 gms for Lynx sent! I think I should get not only my 500 Gms but a bouns for all the time I spent! Once again is their place I can plead my case! My Lynx animal ID # is in my gm history as shot and killed not one but 2 both FEMALE How many other times has this happen? We put REAL MONEY into these games!!!!!

Hunt history shows tracked and killed but not spotted
How can you kill two lynx and say i did not spot one?
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

kidrock1211 wrote:How can you kill two lynx and say i did not spot one?
Because you did not spot one. This information is visible in your hunt history. Perhaps you're caught up on the term "spot." Yeah, you saw two. You didn't "spot" either before you shot them. You need to stare at them with binoculars or a spotting scope long enough for the box to pop up in the top right corner of your screen. No box, no spot. This is a game mechanic and doesn't need to be reported to anyone. Seeing does not equal spotting.

Saftypin

Post by Saftypin »

How is the hunter in the picture above so close to the reindeer without it spooking?
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Saftypin wrote:How is the hunter in the picture above so close to the reindeer without it spooking?
It was probably glitched out. I've been able to walk up to seemingly frozen animals before and spot them. Think I've only ever had it happen on really bad connection multiplayer games before though.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Saftypin wrote:How is the hunter in the picture above so close to the reindeer without it spooking?
As the hunter in the picture, I can indeed confirm the reindeer was glitched, probably because I made it enter spook mode too many times.
Saftypin

Post by Saftypin »

curlyCoyote wrote:
As the hunter in the picture, I can indeed confirm the reindeer was glitched, probably because I made it enter spook mode too many times.

I see, thanks.

Return to “General Chat”