Goat feeders don't work do they?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
MaxVe
Scout

Re: Goat feeders don't work do they?

Post by MaxVe »

Goat feeders DO NOT work ...
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

MaxVe wrote:Goat feeders DO NOT work ...
As said above, they don't work well, but they did work for me still last year.

When did they stop working?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Brutus969 wrote:On the wiki, which can be wrong I suppose, the baiting page says
At the start of the game additional animals spawn around the feeder that contains feed.
Yes, the word, "additional" is misleading. Adding a feeder does not get you more spawned animals. Only some of the animals that would normally spawn are concentrated around the feeder.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

HooCairs wrote:
Whatever route you took to examine your feeders, did you try doing the same route when the feeders were inactive and comparing the results?
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Brutus969 wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Whatever route you took to examine your feeders, did you try doing the same route when the feeders were inactive and comparing the results?
I put up a feeder, then start at the tent and visit the feeder. Half of the time there are 6-12 goats around the feeder, and I can see more coming in. When shooting one, after a while they all come back to the feeder. This is all pretty different to when there is no feeder or when the feeder is inactive. When ever I come by an inactive feeder, there are no goats herding around it, and also I don't find tracks around the feeder of 10-15 goats. Works as designed for me.

My goat feeders only produce goats half of the time compared to all other bait stations which have practically animals there 100% of the time, but half of the time they work just nicely. I wouldn't do goat missions and competitions without feeders.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

they do work but where and how you use them is the key. also the biggest factor with any feeder is allow for theHunter random factor. dont expect the same amount each time or...great numbers every time.

i use one feeder only at my spot i show in my guide. tried it recently and there were plenty of goats at that location.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

ronMctube wrote:they do work but where and how you use them is the key. i use one feeder only at my spot i show in my guide. tried it recently and there were plenty of goats at that location.
What do you mean by how you use them?

What other/how many locations have you tried? Other than the one in your guide.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Brutus969 wrote:
ronMctube wrote:they do work but where and how you use them is the key. i use one feeder only at my spot i show in my guide. tried it recently and there were plenty of goats at that location.
What do you mean by how you use them?

What other/how many locations have you tried? Other than the one in your guide.
numerous places. its part and parcel of making the guides. often many weeks are spent and lots of hunts to see what works what doesnt. how people hunt can effect the outcome or if something changes in game. having hunted at that location recently it worked fine and other people have said so. the main thing is just to expect thehunter randomness factor with bait sites. its just how it is and dont try and figure out the perfect method. you will go crazy. :D
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Fletchette wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Fletchette wrote:I don't believe it was ever said that the feeders increase the spawn
EW did say that, and from my experience also they do.
Ok, I thought they just increased the likelihood they would spawn near the feeders, but didn't actually change the total number spawned. I might be misremembering.
Fletchette, I might have found the answer to this. Looks to me as if Alena was talking about extra spawns, not just rearrangements.

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ls#p865288
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

HooCairs wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
HooCairs wrote: EW did say that, and from my experience also they do.
Ok, I thought they just increased the likelihood they would spawn near the feeders, but didn't actually change the total number spawned. I might be misremembering.
Fletchette, I might have found the answer to this. Looks to me as if Alena was talking about extra spawns, not just rearrangements.

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ls#p865288
It certainly could be. It depends on whether she is saying "extra" relative to the bait location or the entire reserve. It's a really hard conversation to have because the context is easily confused between the speaker and the listener. I don't know where I came to my belief that the total spawn isn't changed by feeders. It could have been another thread, or a direct conversation with David, or I just imagined it. :D
Personal Bests...

Return to “General Chat”