Goat feeders don't work do they?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Goat feeders don't work do they?

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Goat feeders are a bloody waste of time. I only ever bought one, thank goodness, moved it around all the areas I saw consistent goat numbers and sat and watched them ignore the feeders entirely. Initially it worked ok but after the "upgrade" they became useless.
You will harvest a lot more goats by following a herd and popping off a couple each time they stop fleeing.
Even the goat A.I. is all wrong anyway. I hunted them from the time I was 12 years old. Chased them on foot and caught them by hand. Spent a very lucrative season culling them for the New Zealand forest service. Feral Goats are stupid animals and the easiest animal you will ever hunt.. The goats in this game are like they have 160 plus IQs Compared to real feral goats that would struggle to exceed 30..
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I just shot goats at two different feeders. No penalty was inflicted on any of them.

:arrow: If the goats were attracted to the feeders, shooting them should cause a penalty :arrow: bug

:arrow: If the goats were not attracted to the feeders :arrow: bug
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Milic
Outfitter

Post by Milic »

Hello, is this issue fixed yet? Does anybody knows some good locations (if the issue is fixed)?
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

In my opinion, the goat feeders still do not work properly. My bear and hog feeders always have at least a few critters around them when active, some more than others. My goat feeders consistently have zero goats at spawn when active and sitting at them rarely has goats show up. They used to have a large herd each when they were active shortly after the goats were released. I've stopped using them until the issue is addressed.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have also stopped using them. The difference to the other feeders is that goat mineral feeders only attract to 150m as opposed to 250m. Salt just doesn't have that much of a smell. ;)

But I also don't find fresh tracks nearby making me wonder of the goat feeders even spawn more goats nearby, like the feeders for bears and hogs do.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”