Goat feeders don't work do they?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Goat feeders don't work do they?

Post by HooCairs »

Fletchette wrote:I don't know where I came to my belief that the total spawn isn't changed by feeders. It could have been another thread, or a direct conversation with David, or I just imagined it. :D
Well there was this statement from Björn Öjlert, the former game designer. However he referred to the time of day and might have omitted the baiting factor.

https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p561970
Björn Öjlert wrote:Q: Is the animal distribution the same for all starting times, or will there be more of a species at a certain time and less at another time?

A: The amount of animals spawning is always the same at all times of the day. Time affect where they go and what they do. If you for instance head out when a species is resting they may be harder to find as they typically move around less and don’t respond to lures when sleeping.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

It's a "precision of language" issue. I've tested this & the number of animals does not increase when feeders are active.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Tod1d wrote:It's a "precision of language" issue. I've tested this & the number of animals does not increase when feeders are active.
Does this mean you exterminated all the animals on the map? Once for an inactive feeder, and a second time for an active one. How else would you know that?
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

khavy
Tracker

Post by khavy »

Lol... my feeder works fine!
As long as it is inactive, i 100% find a big group of goats around it!
Active? no goats in 1000m.
All in all it's better like this, i never need to refill it!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Brutus969 wrote:
Tod1d wrote:It's a "precision of language" issue. I've tested this & the number of animals does not increase when feeders are active.
Does this mean you exterminated all the animals on the map? Once for an inactive feeder, and a second time for an active one. How else would you know that?
3 times with inactive feeders & 3 times with active feeders. Exact same number every time.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Tod1d wrote:3 times with inactive feeders & 3 times with active feeders. Exact same number every time.
How did you accomplish it before 7pm? 8 person drive?
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Mysen
Scout

Post by Mysen »

Imo the goat feeder ARE bugged, i have seen herds of goats walk close by an active feeder (80-120m away) without showing any interest in them.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Goat feeders produce a lot less animals than other feeders. Remember that their attraction radius is only 150m but 250m for hog and bear bait stations.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think the problem comes sometimes from people trying to work out logically how to get the best numbers. when it seems like the numbers are randomly generated. so you will probably never see the same result.

i personally would only use one feeder at a time. have it full attraction as you can. then just visit it. driving feral goats has always been the easiest way to get masses of them. you will obviously need to get with a group of people to do this. doesnt take long 15 -20 minutes per hunt and you can get 20 -30 goats. each hunt if done well. its also great fun.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Meanwhile I have to agree with those that say the feeders don't really work. I had responded above based on good experience from the past, but it seems along the line the feeder got broken or something. Doing this now with three feeder, I do see goats at times around them, but most of the time there are 1-2 tracks around at best.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”