Sessions with no droppings at all

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Sessions with no droppings at all

Post by HooCairs »

I have reset my missions a few weeks back and have been going through them. Some missions require you to ID droppings from certain animals. I have had two cases now on Whitehart Island where there was zero droppings to be found. Right now I am looking for droppings from an elk, following the third herd and find nothing. The last time I ran around and realized there were no dropping from any species to be found.

After this happens again now I thought I'd ask in the forum if anyone else has had the same experience?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Sessions with no droppings at all

Post by DYEUZ »

I still find some , but then again , i didn't reset the missions .
Is this related to resetting the missions or you are just unlucky !

Now , if you need to find Bull Sh.it for a mission, search the forum. Lots to be found there .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

I have not had this problem, and have never reset my missions. Maybe it is a problem with the mission reset?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

DYEUZ wrote:I still find some , but then again , i didn't reset the missions .
It is not related to the reset. I cannot remember not seeing any droppings but noticed now twice because I was looking for them.
Spoiler:
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

I reset my missions twice at the 10 Year Anniversary Celebrations ... today i go and see whats happen to me with the missions

Sorry seems good for me in but i reinstalled the game last week ...
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

HooCairs wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:I still find some , but then again , i didn't reset the missions .
It is not related to the reset. I cannot remember not seeing any droppings but noticed now twice because I was looking for them.
Is it hunt time related maybe? Usually if you follow a heard of female elk that stop and bed down you will end up finding droppings. Try changing to just before elk bedding time.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I did a reset after the f2p change and no issue, actually today in my last hunt i find droppings of foxes, so maybe was one of those really bad cases where you find anything but what you are looking for, it happens a lot in tHC specially with high score animals. :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Could have to do with fast traveling which I do often during these travel missions. I find droppings in most sessions, just had this issue twice on WH now.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

This problem of no droppings on Whitehart is happening again. I remember seeing this thread when you put it up Hoo, and I thought I had seen the problem but wasn't sure. Now, in my last few hunts on Whitehart I have found zero droppings from any animals.

I am specifically looking for coyote droppings for the "Making A Safe Return" Travel Mission and have killed 5 coyotes from two different groups with no droppings on any of their backtrails. I have backtracked on at least 10 different coyotes for over an hour of their tracks and found nothing. Because I had the same problem the last time I started this mission, I have been watching for other species' droppings as well, and also nothing. Nada. I will submit a bug report.

Return to “General Chat”